PUBLISHED ON APR 15, 2021 06:53 PM IST
Visuals were making rounds on the internet where scores of protestors were seen swarming the streets across all major cities, including Lahore and Rawalpindi.
PUBLISHED ON APR 15, 2021 02:47 PM IST
- Anti-French sentiment has been simmering for months in Pakistan since the government of President Emmanuel Macron expressed support for a magazine's right to republish cartoons depicting Prophet Mohammed -- deemed blasphemous by many Muslims.
UPDATED ON APR 14, 2021 09:59 PM IST
Babar’s record T20 score for Pakistan, including 15 fours and four sixes off 59 balls, came a day after he became the top ranked one-day batsman.
UPDATED ON APR 14, 2021 10:01 PM IST
SA vs PAK, 3rd T20I Highlights: Follow the highlights of South Africa vs Pakistan, 3rd T20I.
PUBLISHED ON APR 14, 2021 08:47 AM IST
The local police informed that unidentified miscreants planted an improvised explosive device (IED) next to the wall of the football ground which exploded during a match in Pakistan's Balochistan.
ANI | | Posted by Harshit Sabarwal
PUBLISHED ON APR 13, 2021 11:29 AM IST
About 1,100 coronavirus patients in government hospitals need oxygen, while almost 250 patients are on a ventilator, reported Geo News. Mayo Hospitals's chief executive said that the situation will take a turn for the worst if oxygen cylinders are not supplied within the next three to four hours.
By Zarafshan Shiraz
UPDATED ON APR 12, 2021 07:03 PM IST
- Ramadan 2021: From Saudi Arabia to Asian countries like India and Pakistan and Western nations like USA and UK, here is a list of regions that begin fasting from Tuesday after sighting the crescent moon
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Kunal Gaurav
UPDATED ON APR 11, 2021 05:33 PM IST
- The travel ban was announced after the UK government repeatedly warned British Pakistanis against travelling abroad for leisure amid concerns over coronavirus variants.
PUBLISHED ON APR 11, 2021 09:59 AM IST
- Pakistan has now played 164 T20Is, winning 100 and losing 59. The side has played out three ties and the remaining two games were abandoned.
PUBLISHED ON APR 10, 2021 11:26 AM IST
- The protestors criticised Imran Khan for what they called "victim-blaming" and called for an apology
PUBLISHED ON APR 08, 2021 06:59 PM IST
Speaking during a virtual media interaction, Misbah also said that an overseas win always helps the side.
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Kunal Gaurav
PUBLISHED ON APR 08, 2021 06:21 PM IST
- Imran Khan had blamed “fahashi” (vulgarity) for the rise in rape cases in Pakistan, advising women to cover up to prevent the “temptation”.
PUBLISHED ON APR 07, 2021 10:33 PM IST
- Pakistan is a deeply conservative country where victims of sexual abuse are often viewed with suspicion and criminal complaints are rarely seriously investigated.
UPDATED ON APR 07, 2021 10:18 PM IST
South Africa was 292 all out as three players made half-centuries but none converted them to big scores.
UPDATED ON APR 07, 2021 10:01 PM IST
- Follow the South Africa vs Pakistan 3rd ODI highlights here.
UPDATED ON APR 06, 2021 07:28 PM IST
According to a Bloomberg report cited by Arab News, countries like the US, Britain and Israel were likely to reach the 75 percent target within three months while others like Pakistan were expected to immunise the same level of their population in about a decade.
PUBLISHED ON APR 05, 2021 11:24 PM IST
This is the third tender Trading Corporation of Pakistan (TCP) has floated for import of sugar. Earlier, two tenders for 50,000 tonnes each had to be scrapped mainly due to high quotes.
PUBLISHED ON APR 05, 2021 07:15 PM IST
In the latest video on his YouTube channel, former Pakistan pace legend Shoaib Akhtar called De Kock’s act against the ‘good spirit of the game’.
PUBLISHED ON APR 05, 2021 06:58 PM IST
Babar pointed out details claiming that Zaman's knock was one of the best he has seen in the recent past.
PUBLISHED ON APR 05, 2021 04:35 PM IST
The 22-year-old spinner will be sidelined for up to four weeks after sustaining the injury while batting during the second one-dayer in Johannesburg, which South Africa won by 17 runs to level the three-match series.
UPDATED ON APR 05, 2021 03:26 PM IST
- Pakistan batsman Fakhar Zaman, who played one of the best innings in the history of the 50-over game, fell to a cheeky run out initiated by opposition wicketkeeper Quinton de Kock.
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Kunal Gaurav
UPDATED ON APR 04, 2021 07:41 PM IST
- Pakistan has been witnessing a surge in coronavirus cases and the influx of British Pakistani nationals also led to the discovery of the UK variant, B.1.1.7, in the city of Mirpur.
UPDATED ON APR 04, 2021 11:07 PM IST
Follow the South Africa vs Pakistan 2nd ODI highlights here.
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Mallika Soni
PUBLISHED ON APR 04, 2021 11:38 AM IST
- While Pakistan reported 5,020 new coronavirus cases on Saturday, authorities in Bangladesh have decided to impose a one-week nationwide lockdown from Monday to curb the spread of the pandemic. Here’s a look at the Covid-19 situation in neighbouring countries
PUBLISHED ON APR 04, 2021 09:30 AM IST
- The highest temperature recorded in the port city was in April was 44.4 degrees Celsius on April 14, 1947, and the mercury never rose as high as 43.6 degrees Celsius in the city until Saturday in the month of April.
By Rezaul H Laskar | Edited by Sparshita Saxena
UPDATED ON APR 02, 2021 09:23 PM IST
On Thursday, Islamabad shot down an official proposal to allow imports of cotton and sugar from India to control prices and cope with a shortage.
PUBLISHED ON APR 02, 2021 04:30 PM IST
The clash continued for over 90 minutes until police reinforcements and Sindh Rangers personnel controlled the situation and forced the devotees out of the premises.
PUBLISHED ON APR 01, 2021 07:09 PM IST
Pakistan will play three ODIs and four T20Is against hosts South Africa, starting with the first one-dayer in Centurion on Friday.
UPDATED ON APR 01, 2021 06:50 PM IST
A Cabinet meeting chaired by PM Imran Khan rejected a decision made by a government panel on Wednesday to allow imports of sugar and cotton from India.
AP | | Posted by Kunal Gaurav
PUBLISHED ON APR 01, 2021 02:27 PM IST
- The court in Peshawar had issued the ban on March 11 following complaints about the alleged presence of “immoral and indecent content” on the popular social media app.