Pak court adjourns hearing in Mumbai attack case
A Pakistani anti-terror court on Saturday adjourned for a week the hearing in the Mumbai attack case against LeT's operations chief Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi and six other suspects after recording the testimony of an investigator.Updated: Mar 06, 2010, 15:57 IST
A Pakistani anti-terror court on Saturday adjourned for a week the hearing in the Mumbai attack case against LeT's operations chief Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi and six other suspects after recording the testimony of an investigator.
Judge Malik Muhammad Akram Awan recorded the testimony of Federal Investigation Agency Inspector Nisar Ahmed Jadoon during proceedings held at the high-security Adiala Jail in Rawalpindi.
Four witnesses were scheduled to testify today but the court could not even complete recording the testimony of the FIA official who was part of the team that probed the Mumbai attacks, sources said.
At one stage, the judge asked the FIA official not to stray from the matter at hand and to limit himself to what he had actually witnessed, sources told PTI.
"The judge scheduled the next hearing for March 13," said Shahbaz Rajput, a lawyer representing some of the accused.
The trial is being conducted within the heavily guarded Adiala Jail for security reasons.
The seven accused – Lakhvi, Zarar Shah, Abu al-Qama, Hamad Amin Sadiq, Shahid Jamil Riaz, Jamil Ahmed and Younas Anjum – are being held in the same prison.
They were formally charged last year with planning and helping execute the assault on India's financial hub in November 2008 that killed nearly 180 people.