PM arrives in Frankfurt
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh arrived here today for an overnight transit halt en route to Toronto for attending the G-20 Summit this weekend.
Singh will leave for Toronto tomorrow morning from Frankfurt and arrive there forenoon.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Church leaders have asked their congregations to attend Mass on Sunday dressed in black. Church bells will toll at 8: 45 a.m., the time of the near-simultaneous attacks.
- The new design is very similar, but the adhesive tape strip has been redesigned to look nothing like a moustache.
- The researchers estimated that the variant evades 25-61 per cent of protective immunity arising from infection with previously circulating variants.
- Caving in to pressure from labour unions, Sri Lanka decided on February 1 to scrap the agreement signed with India and Japan on developing the East Container Terminal (ECT) of Colombo port.
- Some detainees are survivors of prison under the former junta. Some were taken from their homes, hundreds were seized by riot police and soldiers who charged down protests against the coup
- The sanctions are the first ordered by President Joe Biden against Russia and will help set the tone for his relations with Putin.
- The number of fully vaccinated people are nowhere near the number of doses administered since most of the countries are using Covid-19 vaccines that require a two-doses regimen.
- The case being filed next month before the European Court of Human Rights is supported by the environmental group Fridays for Future, which is helping to crowdfund the legal costs.