Modaks on Tejas Express, airline discounts for long weekend: Top 5 stories from Mumbai
Here are the top stories from Mumbai you shouldn’t missmumbai Updated: Aug 11, 2017 17:00 IST
Planning on taking a trip anytime soon? Mumbai’s Tejas Express will serve you modaks if you travel during Ganeshotsav and airlines will offer you massive discounts for flights booked during the long Independence Day weekend.
Meanwhile, five dogs have turned blue owing to dye being released into the Kasadi river.
1. Why are dogs turning blue in this Mumbai suburb? Kasadi river may hold answers
Why are dogs near Navi Mumbai’s Taloja industrial area turning blue? Untreated industrial wastes being released into the Kasadi river may be the answer.
2. WATCH: How Ghatkopar building came crashing down within seconds
Even as the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), which is conducting an inquiry into the Ghatkopar building collapse on July 25, on Thursday said prima facie investigation reveals Sai Siddhi was stable, visuals of how the building came crashing down have emerged.
3. Independence Day long weekend: Mumbaiites take a break, plan short trips
Travel portals recorded a 15% rise in flight bookings for this weekend, thanks to the 4-day break leading to Independence Day, said officials.
4. Supreme Court to decide if you can keep and eat beef brought from outside Maharashtra
The Maharashtra government’s appeal against the Bombay high court’s decision to allow residents to store and consume beef brought from outside the state will be heard in the Supreme Court today.
5. Mumbai-Goa Tejas Express to offer modaks during Ganpati
If you’re travelling by the Tejas Express to visit your loved ones this Ganeshotsav, the Indian Railway Catering and Transport Corporation (IRCTC) plans to make your trip a little sweeter.