Bhopal: Fire breaks out in Vindhyachal Bhawan
Several important files were gutted in a fire which broke out at the agriculture department of Vindhyachal Bhawan, an arm of Madhya Pradesh secretariat, on Sunday evening.bhopal Updated: Oct 04, 2015 22:47 IST
Several important files were gutted in a fire which broke out at the agriculture department of Vindhyachal Bhawan, an arm of Madhya Pradesh secretariat, on Sunday evening. No one was injured in the blaze.
The fire broke out on the fifth floor of the building situated in the vicinity of the state secretariat, Vallabh Bhawan, under the limits of Jehangirabad police station, police said.
Prima facie it seems that the fire broke out due to a short circuit, they said.
“Security officers of Vindhyachal Bhawan informed the police about the fire. Four fire tenders had reached the spot, but it could be controlled by fire extinguishers,” Bhopal Municipal Corporation (BMC) fire in-charge Sajid Khan said.
Some papers, curtains and furniture were gutted in the fire, he said.
Agriculture department director Mohan Meena told HT that the fire broke out in seed section. “It was not a major fire. The only letters related to correspondence were gutted, but no important files were damaged in the fire,” he said.
However, farmers’ leaders have hinted at foul play. Talking to HT, farmers’ leader Shivkumar Sharma ‘Kakkaji’ said, “There must be a foul play in the incident because corruption is so rampant here in the department. Somebody tried to destroy the files.”
Earlier, in November 2013 a fire had broken out in the panchayat and rural development department in which important files were gutted.
First Published: Oct 04, 2015 22:47 IST