Madhya Pradesh minister dies in road mishap
Madhya Pradesh Education Minister Laxman Singh Gaud was killed on Monday night when a car carrying him collided with a stationary truck on a road in Dewas, about 150km from here.
The car in which 50-year-old Gaud was travelling from his home town Indore to Bhopal, rammed into the dumper truck parked near a road side eatery, Indore District Collector Vivek Agrawal told PTI.
The minister suffered severe head injuries and was taken to Bombay Hospital in Indore, about 40km from the accident site, where he was declared brought dead, he said.
Gaud's driver Preetam Prajapati, gunman Rishi Tiwari and personal assistant were injured and admitted to a hospital in Dewas.
Gaud, who was inducted into the BJP government in August last year, is survived by his wife and three sons.
The driver of the dumper truck Santosh was also injured in the collision.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Addressing a function organised on Women’s Day on Monday, Chouhan made several announcements for empowering women.
- The man was arrested in 2018 for raping a minor girl. In 2019, the court granted him interim bail.
- Retired IAS M Gopal Reddy comes under the scanner again.
- Geeta went missing 20 years ago and reached Lahore, where she was found sitting alone in Samjhauta express in the year 2000.
- A candidate questioned by MPPEB allowed a tainted company to conduct the exam. The same company was blacklisted by UP after a question paper of recruitment exam for sub-inspectors got leaked in 2017, he alleged.
- A decision to this effect was taken after BJP MLA from Mandsaur, Yashpal Singh Sisodia, raised the issue in the state legislative assembly.
- The family members of the accused said the girls knew Sohail for several years and they had gone to Khargone to celebrate Sohail’s birthday