MP: 3.75 lakh register for UG courses on online portal
The registration for centralised online counselling for admission in traditional courses in colleges of the state crossed 3.75 lakh on its last day on Thursday.
According to the IT cell of the higher education department, altogether 3.75 lakh students registered themselves online for undergraduate courses, such as bachelor of arts (BA), bachelor of science (BSc) and bachelor of commerce (B Com).
Sources in the department said the number of registered students might be just higher than the number of seats offered by the available colleges.
There are 1,180 colleges in the state, including 789 private ones, that offer undergraduate and postgraduate courses. These colleges offer about 3.5 lakh seats for various undergraduate courses.
The situation, the sources said, has particularly tightened after derecognition of 110 private colleges recently which fell short of norms.
Out of the total 3.75 lakh registered applicants, about 2.45 lakh have got their documents verified. The last date of verification of documents is June 22. The first merit list will be released on June 27.
DHE commissioner Sachin Sinha said a good number of students had registered themselves in online registration process. “The actual number of students will be clear after completion of verification process of documents,” he added.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- An employee of a nearby petrol pump said he heard a blast-like sound and when he reached the accident spot, he saw the car in a bad shape, said a police officer.
- The decision was taken during a high-level Covid review meeting held on Monday after a new wave of Covid-19 cases was reported from Indore.
- Madhya Pradesh became the first state which is ready with a roadmap to make the state self-reliant, said the Governor.
- Dentist Tripathi confessed to his crime after police found the tower location of Vibha’s mobile matched his at the same time on December 14, the day Vibha vanished.
- During his visit to Sidhi, the CM spent a night at the circuit house and took notice of the unhygienic conditions.
- The health department will also hold a health survey of genotype (Prakriti Parikshan) of residents of MP to know about the health status of residents and to analyse the reason behind their ailments.