Aamir Khan chooses Mahabharat over Saare Jahan Se Accha, says he’s happy Shah Rukh Khan is doing the film instead
Actor Aamir Khan, who shares a close bond with writer Anjum Rajabali and actor Shah Rukh Khan, has said he is really happy that Shah Rukh Khan is doing space film Saare Jahaan Se Accha being written by Anjum Rajabali.
Aamir Khan was interacting with media at the grand finale of 2nd edition of Cinestaan India’s Storyteller Script Contest 2018 along with writers Juhi Chaturvedi and Anjum Rajabali on Monday in Mumbai.
Aamir Khan and writer Anjum Rajabali had earlier collaborated in Ghulam and Aamir Khan was supposed to be a part of Saare Jahaan Se Achha which is based on Indian astronaut Rakesh Sharma.
It is being written by Anjum Rajabali, but Aamir Khan backed out of the film and now Shah Rukh Khan will feature in it.
Talking about it, Aamir said, “I think it’s a great and wonderful script. I am a huge fan of Rakesh (Sharma) and it’s a wonderful story. I feel sad that I am not able to do it, which is why I actually called up Shah Rukh and said that it’s a wonderful story and you should hear it’. I am really happy that he liked it and he is doing it so, all my best wishes for their project.”
“Saare Jahaan Se Achha will go on floor in February and I have been very excited about the film because like Aamir said, I have also been a big fan of Rakesh and now he is a good friend also,” said Rajabali.
“Frankly, I was very keen that Aamir should do the film. He liked the script, we discussed it a lot and we had a lot of hopes about it. Unfortunately, Aamir is consumed with a larger sort of project called Mahabharat.”
Recently, Akshay Kumar announced Mission Mangal along with Fox Star Studios. It’s a story of India’s Mars Mission.
Is Rajabali worried that his Saare Jahaan Se Achha and Akshay Kumar’s Mission Mangal will be compared because both film are of space film genre? “No.. not at all. Our film is about story of a person and that film will be different from whoever character they will conceive. So, that doesn’t matter.”
Saare Jahaan Se Accha, will be directed by Mahesh Mathai and written by Anjum Rajabali. Ronnie Screwvala will produce the film, along with Siddharth Roy Kapur, under the RSVP films and Roy Kapur Films banners respectively.
There were reports that Bhumi Pednekar has been signed opposite Shah Rukh in the film, but Screwvala recently told media that an official announcement on casting will be made soon.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Filmmaker-actor Divya Khosla Kumar has spoken about her journey, and how she didn't want to join the film industry when she first moved to Mumbai.
- Actor Rajkummar Rao isn't over his obsession with Shah Rukh Khan. He has often spoken about his love for SRK.
- As actors Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan prepare to move into their house, their designer gave an insight into all the amenities the new home will have.
- Did you know that Pranutan Bahl and Kajol are related? Here's what the young actor has to say about her equation with 'Kajol bua'.
- Taimur Ali Khan was fascinated by a cow outside his Fortune Heights residence. He folded his hands and enjoyed its owner playing film songs on his wind instrument.
- Actor Salman Khan prepared some raw onion pickle in a new video shared by his 'sister', Bina Kak. Watch video here.
- Actor Janhvi Kapoor has said that while she doesn't go on conventional dates, she once had a scary experience while she was a student in Los Angeles.