Actors don’t need social media: Kay Kay Menon
Actor Kay Kay Menon has essayed many memorable characters on screen — be it the DCP in Black Friday or an adulterous husband in Life In A Metro, an army officer in Shaurya or a small-time car thief in Sankat City.
The 44-year-old actor says he is quite content with his career, but does feel that filmmakers need to focus more on creativity than minting money. “I feel the Hindi film industry has lot of potential. But the makers need to focus on making good films than on money the film will make,” Menon says.
Talking about his experience of working with actors Naseeruddin Shah, Atul Kulkarni and Ravi Kissan in the recently-released Chaalis Chauraasi, Menon says “It was simply wonderful. I truely enjoyed shooting for the film and somehow it felt that it ended too soon. I bonded well with everyone. I enjoyed dancing in this film too. It is one of the highest points of my life.”
Talking about decade-long career, Menon says, “I won’t deny that my career has had its ups and downs. But I am glad that I have been able to do different kind of films… films that I believed in. I enjoy acting.”
Interestingly, Menon feels it’s not important for actors to be on social networking sites. “I don’t have Facebook or Twitter account. I don’t think it is required, especially for actors. I would rather spend my time on something more creative,” says Menon, whose upcoming projects are Life Ki Toh Lag Gayi and Enemmy.
Kay Kay speaks...
On his career
I have no regrets whatso-ever. I am glad that I have been able to do different kind of films... the films that I completely believed in
On Naseeruddin Shah
My association with Naseer goes long back. It was a great pleasure working him. I throughly enjoyed my self
On future projects
I have two interesting films lined up. One is Life Ki Toh Lag Gayi and the other is Enemmy, directed by Ashu Trikha
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Videos of Shraddha Kapoor dancing at her cousin Priyaank Sharma's wedding in the Maldives are going viral on the internet.
- Alia Bhatt was seen in a bridal avatar in her new advertisement. Fans loved it and wished to see her get married in real life too. She is in a relationship with Ranbir Kapoor.
- Anil Kapoor joked that Jackie Shroff has threatened to slap him multiple times unless he confirms a film together. The two have starred in 12 films together, till date.
- Mika Singh talked about marriage on Indian Pro Music League. He said that he is the ‘only forever bachelor’ after Salman Khan and wishes to keep his tag for some time.
- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli met in a rather unconventional manner, during an ad shoot. While she was confident, he was a 'jittery and nervous'. Read the rest of the story here.
- Sharing how meeting a girl at an education programme led her to discover her bisexuality, Shonali Bose says, 'I hope, the youth today doesn’t have that shame'.
- Film producer Rhea Kapoor got love from a number of Bollywood beauties including Kareena Kapoor, Malaika Arora, Karisma Kapoor on her birthday.