Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to do her own stunts in Jazbaa
Now that little Aaradhya has started going to play school, her star mom Aishwarya Rai makes her grand comeback with director Sanjay Gupta's Jazbaa, her first full-fledged action film.
For a while it seemed Aishwarya's first director Mani Ratnam would be helming her comeback film. But that project has been put on hold. Talk of Aishwarya being in a film directed by adman Prahlad Kakkad also proved to be just talk.
To be produced by Gupta, Jazbaa will mark her return to the silver screen after her daughter's birth in Nov 2011. The film will start rolling early next year. Confirming these developments Gupta said, "We start Jazbaa in January 2015. We'll be showcasing Jazbaa at the Cannes film festival in 2015."
The filmmaker clarified that it's not a women-centric drama. "Just because Aishwarya is in 'Jazbaa' we should not label the film female-centric. To me, she's the hero of the film," he said.
Ash had done some action scenes in Dhoom 2, but she didn't have the kind of stunts that Hrithik Roshan had. In Gupta's film, she will do all the stunts without the help of a body-double. She has already started training for the role.
"There is no gender-specificity in what she does in the narrative. I've cast her in a role like any of the heroes in my films. She could be John Abraham in Shootout At Wadala or Sanjay Dutt in Zinda. It's that kind of a role where her gender plays no role in the proceedings."
Two prominent male actors are yet to be cast alongside Aishwarya. Interestingly, Gupta is also working with Aishwarya's husband and actor Abhishek Bachchan in "Khottey Sikkay", which he will make immediately after Jazbaa.
Gupta said, "After a year's gap, when I was scripting, I am now doing three back-to-back films, beginning with Mumbai Saga starring Anil Kapoor, John Abraham, Vivek Oberoi and Manoj Bajpayee. This will be followed by Jazbaa featuring Aishwarya and then Khottey Sikkay."
The prolific filmmaker promises no compromises in the three films.
"There will be no breaks in the storytelling for item songs. I will tell the stories heedless of extraneous demands. Though 'Jazbaa' will star Aishwarya, it won't use her ultra-glamorous personality to light up the frames. She will glow from within," said Gupta.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Parineeti Chopra, on being asked about a time in her life she would like to forget, said that she would like to erase her college days as she was 'hugely overweight' at the time.
- Tanishaa Mukherji wished her sister Kajol and brother-in-law Ajay Devgn on their 2nd wedding anniversary.
- Kangana Ranaut announced the release date of her upcoming Jayalalithaa biopic, Thalaivi, with a short teaser. The film, directed by AL Vijay, will release on April 23.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas reacted to a social media user criticised her now-viral ball-shaped outfit. Earlier, Priyanka shared a bunch of memes inspired by her dress.
Birthday girl Sanya Malhotra: In my fifth year in Bollywood, it’s surreal, can’t believe I am living my dream
- Ayushmann Khurrana made sure to interact with his fans in Shillong by promptly coming down to meet them after they gathered at his Shillong hotel. Watch here
- After the death of singer Sardool Sikander on Wednesday, comedian Kapil Sharma shared a video from his daughter Anayra's first Lohri, when Sardool gave his blessings to the baby.
- The teaser of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Gangubai Kathiawadi, starring Alia Bhatt in the titular role, was released on Wednesday. Watch it here.
- Alia Bhatt shared a new poster of her upcoming movie Gangubai Kathiawadi. The poster received love from many Bollywood stars including Ranveer Singh , Katrina Kaif and Varun Dhawan.
- Actor Nora Fatehi in an emotional interview recalled the difficulties that she faced as a struggler in Bollywood.