Akshay Kumar, Bhumi Pednekar win big at Dadasaheb Phalke Awards in Mumbai
Bollywood actors Bhumi Pednekar, Sonam Kapoor and Akshay Kumar bagged the best actress and best actor awards respectively at the Dadasaheb Phalke awards, given by Dadasaheb Phalke Film Foundation, held in Mumbai on April 29.
While Akshay Kumar won best actor award for his role in Padman (Jury) and for Toilet: Ek Prem Katha, Bhumi Pednekar walked away with the best actress trophy for her work in Toilet Ek Prem Katha. Sonam, meanwhile, won it for her act in Padman.
Manisha Koirala won the ‘Most Versatile Actress’ award. Veteran actor-director Rakesh Roshan was given the lifetime achievement award for his contribution to the industry as an actor, producer and a director.
Meanwhile, veteran actor Farida Jalal was awarded the Saraswatibai Dadasaheb Phalke Best actress (Lifetime) award for her contribution to the film industry.
The other celebrities who won Dadasaheb Phalke Awards include:
1) Best actress in a leading role (Padman) - Sonam Kapoor
2) Best actor in a character role - Rajesh Sharma
3) Best playback singer (Female) - Neeti Mohan
4) Best TV anchor- Aditya Narayan Jha
5) Best entertainer (TV) - Manish Paul
6) Best playback singer (jury) - Bhumi Trivedi
7) Best stage anchor- Siddharth Kannan
8) Best producer (short films) - Sandip Marwah
9) Most entertaining film (Sonu ki Titu ki Sweety) - Luv Ranjan
Certificate of appreciation will be awarded to Nidhi Bhardwaj - Eco Fashion Designer and Swati Mehrotra - Best Footwear Designer.
There were 22 technical awards as well which are yet to be presented. The event is still going on, reports ANI.
Follow @htshowbiz for more