Akshay Kumar gives parenting tip with a video of daughter Nitara doing the battle rope exercise
To say that Akshay Kumar is a fitness fanatic would be an understatement--the man is among the fittest actors in Bollywood today. He is in the habit of putting up pictures and videos of himself doing some stunt or the other. Looks like the entire family is into fitness in a big way, including the youngest member, Akshay’s daughter Nitara.
On Saturday, Akshay shared a picture of his daughter doing the battle rope exercise. Her back was to the camera as she repeatedly shook the ropes with her hands. Sharing the picture, Akshay wrote: “Kids tend to pick up what they see...start early and try to set a good example. Great parenting. Active kids. #FitIndia.”
Adding a parenting tip, he said children tend to follow their parents. Of course, if your dad is Akshay Kumar you will do all kinds of exercises. The post had a message for all of India to turn to fitness.
The otherwise reclusive Akshay is fairly active on social media. Most of his posts are about his forthcoming films but every now and then, he posts pictures with his family and their many vacations abroad. For Diwali, he posted a group photo from his office Diwali puja, while wishing everybody a safe Diwali.
On the work front, Akshay will soon be seen promoting his next release, the Tamil-Hindi bilingual 2.0, where he will lock horns with veteran Rajinikanth. The film will mark his Tamil debut and will see him play the antagonist for the first time in his career. Akshay’s amazing run at the box office continues unabated--his last film Gold, on a fictional Olympic gold-winning Indian hockey team, the first in independent India, touched gold at the box office too. The film, directed by Reema Kagti, saw him play a shrewd manager called Tapan Das.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kareena Kapoor Khan, who recently welcomed her second child with husband Saif Ali Khan, reciprocated the love that was showered on her by his sister, Saba.
- Kangana Ranaut once claimed credit for some iconic scenes in Queen, and said that she did not expect much from the film.
- Ibrahim Ali Khan's friend has shared a picture with the star kid from their family home, Pataudi Palace. See it here.
- Actor Ankita Lokhande has defended Mahhi Vij and Jay Bhanushali against allegations that they abandoned their foster children.
- Karan Johar took to Instagram and shared a video of his children Roohi and Yash role-playing as a mother-son duo.
- Shraddha Kapoor and Ranveer Singh were spotted at the birthday bash of her rumoured boyfriend, celebrity photographer Rohan Shrestha. See pictures here.
- Kangana Ranaut has said that she did Queen 'for money' and never thought it would even be released. The film celebrates its seventh anniversary on Sunday.
- Pictures of Shah Rukh Khan at his parents' grave site in New Delhi showed the actor paying his respects. Shah Rukh's parents died when he was very young.
- Pooja Bhatt has revealed the advice her father Mahesh Bhatt gave her before shooting a romantic scene with Sanjay Dutt in Sadak.
- Sonam Kapoor, who lives in London, shared a throwback picture from their childhood to wish Janhvi Kapoor on her birthday. See here.
- An unseen picture of Saif Ali Khan with his son Ibrahim Ali Khan from latter's birthday bash has surfaced online. See it here.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared information about a new restaurant called Sona in New York. She has been creatively involved with it from contributing in its design, menu, music and even with its name.
- Elli AvrRam has shared the first look of her upcoming dance number with Aamir Khan, from the film Koi Jaane Na.