Amitabh Bachchan, Jaya cheer on daughter Shweta as she walks the ramp with Sonam Kapoor, Karan Johar. See video, pics
Actors Amitabh Bachchan and Jaya supported their daughter Shweta Bachchan Nanda as she walked the ramp for designers Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla at the Caring with Style show held in partnership with the Cancer Patients Aids Association. Amitabh and Jaya were sitting in the front row as Shweta -- along with Sonam Kapoor and Karan Johar -- walked the ramp.
Videos from the event show the proud parents as Shweta, who stunned in two ensembles - a bridal lehenga and a trademark Abu Sandeep chikankari creation - walked the ramp. While Karan also sported two different looks for the evening, Sonam looked like a vision as she walked the ramp in an ivory chikankari lehenga. Sonam also did a little twirl as she walked the ramp to Kalank song, Ghar More Pardesiya.
Amitabh took to Twitter to share a picture of Shweta from the event and wrote, “Daughter’s are THE best .. ! elegance grace and dignity ! (Love) you Shweta.”
The actor frequently posts pictures of his daughter on social media. The two even appeared in a television advertisement together recently. A proud Amitabh announced the debut of Shweta’s fashion label with a social media post. He wrote, “Fashion just got fancier. And a father filled with pride.”
In another post, featuring Shweta and her daughter Navya Naveli Nanda, Amitabh had written, “Yeh garv hai mera, beti betiyaan jab ubhar kar aati hain, apne dum par kuch kar ke humein dikhaati hain, motiyon se piroyi hui yeh mala, aise karna gehna yeh anmol hai, isse surakshit rakhna. (I am proud that my daughters have found success on their own, they are like beads of a necklace; such jewels are precious, keep them safe).”
In a recent episode of Koffee with Karan, Shweta appeared with brother Abhishek Bachchan, and spoke about the equation they share with their parents. While Shweta said Abhishek was their mother’s favourite, Abhishek said Shweta was their father’s darling, and added that Amitabh wouldn’t care about anyone else and their opinions once Shweta is in the room.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Sherlyn Chopra has accused disgraced director Sajid Khan of sexual misconduct, adding that he's protected by the Bollywood 'mafia'.
- Pahlaj Nihalani has said that although he hasn't received an invitation, he's heard that Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal are tying the knot this weekend.
- After Alia Bhatt's reported hospitalisation for exertion, her Gangubai Kathiawadi co-star, Seema Pahwa, said that director Sanjay Leela Bhansali doesn't rush actors with work.
- Malaika Arora has shared a throwback picture from her Goa vacation with Arjun Kapoor, along with some advice. Rahul Khanna said that he'll try to follow it.
- Actor Deepika Padukone answered quirky questions in an Instagram Ask Me Anything session on Tuesday.
- Deepika Padukone said that because of the upbringing she got, she believes in taking care of her home herself, instead of outsourcing duties to her staff.