Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan, Lata may not attend Modi's swearing-in
Lata Mangeshkar, Amitabh Bachchan and Salman Khan may give Narendra Modi's swearing-in ceremony a miss in Delhi today while a host of Bollywood celebrities like Anupam Kher and Vivek Oberoi will attend the function.
Modi, who led BJP to an unprecedented victory, is taking oath as the 15th prime minister of the country at a function to be held in the forecourt of Rashtrapati Bhavan in the evening.
Bachchan, Rajnikanth, Salman and 84-year-old Lata's names reportedly figure on the guest list.
"She has been invited, but she won't be attending the swearing-in ceremony as she cannot travel at this age," sources close to Lata Mangeshkar said.
According to sources, Big B is busy shooting.
"He is busy shooting. Don't think he is going," sources said.
Bachchan tweeted about two hours ago that he was going for a shoot.
"Ok... off for the shot, its ready... cannot keep the crew waiting... love to all... see you later in the evening or night or early," the 71-year-old actor tweeted.
Salman, who flew kite with Modi during a festival in Ahmedabad for promotion of his film Jai Ho earlier this year, may also not attend the ceremony.
Salman's writer father Salim Khan is likely to fill in for his son, sources said.
Among the Bollywood personalities who will be attending the ceremony are Kher, Oberoi and Madhur Bhandarkar.
Actress Rekha and cricketing great Sachin Tendulkar from Mumbai have been invited for the function in their capacity as members of Rajya Sabha.
The BJP has a galaxy of film stars like Hema Malini, Paresh Rawal, Shatrughan Sinha, Vinod Khanna, Kirron Kher and Smriti Irani as members of the party, who will be there.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Ankita Lokhande has shared several pictures and videos from a house party she had with Rashami Desai on Monday.
- Shaza Morani and Priyaank Sharma's Hindu wedding ceremony has been postponed, in light of the increase in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra. The couple and their families and friends are currently in the Maldives.
- Divya Dutta has expressed her displeasure at being labeled as a supporting actor, insisting she loves playing all kinds of roles.
- Actor Parineeti Chopra's long-awaited biopic of badminton ace Saina Nehwal has been given a release date. Watch the first teaser here.
- Actor Ileana D'Cruz was asked during an Instagram Ask Me Anything session if she's ever had any cosmetic surgeries done. Here's what she said.
- Kangana Ranaut says that a new FIR has been registered against her, this time over her tweets on farmers agitation against the farm bills.
- Tara Sutaria shared the first poster of her upcoming movie Tadap. Her boyfriend Aadar Jain shared the poster on his Instagram Stories and expressed his excitement.
- Sara Ali Khan is in Jaipur. While she hasn't mentioned the reason behind her visit, it appears that she is in the pink city for a wedding. Sara and Manish Malhotra shared many pictures from the venue.
- Yami Gautam had previously opened up about a prolonged neck injury that affected her routine life. The actor has now detailed in on a road accident that left her with the injury.
- Sisters Malaika Arora and Amrita Arora posted pictures of their mom to wish her on her birthday and close friend Karisma Kapoor was among the first ones to comment.