Amitabh Bachchan says his assets, estimated at Rs 2800 cr, will be divided equally between Abhishek, Shweta
Actor Amitabh Bachchan in an episode of Kaun Banega Crorepati reiterated that when he dies, his wealth will be divided equally between his two children, son Abhishek and daughter Shweta. The actor has been vocal about this in the past as well.
“When I die, the assets I shall leave behind shall be shared equally between my daughter and my son,” he’d once written on Twitter. A longtime advocate for gender equality, Bachchan is a UN ambassador for girl child, and has also endorsed the Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao campaign.
According to multiple reports, including on The Richest, Amitabh has a net worth of over $400 million (Rs 28,66,16,00,000). In 2015, Forbes estimated that he made $33.5 million. Abhishek is married to actor Aishwarya Rai, and has one daughter, Aaradhya. Shweta is married to businessman Nikhil Nanda, and has two children, Navya and Agatsya.
Amitabh often speaks about female empowerment, especially on social media, where he routinely shares pictures and achievements of his daughter and granddaughters. In a letter addressed to Aaradhya and Navya, shared on social media, he had written, “Don’t live in the shadows of people’s judgement. Make your own choices in the light of your own wisdom. Don’t let anyone make you believe that the length of your skirt is a measure of your character. Don’t let anyone’s opinion of who you should be friends with, dictate who you will be friends with. Don’t get married for any other reason other than you want to get married.” He added, “This may be a difficult, difficult world to be a woman. But I believe that it is women like you that will change that. It may not be easy, setting your own boundaries, making your own choices, rising above people‘s judgement. But you, you can set an example for women everywhere.”
At an event for the empowerment of women, he had said that the majority of crew members on film sets happen to be women. “You will find almost 60 to 70% of people working on film crews are all women. And they do all and every kind of job, right from the DOP, to assistants, to directors, to production, all kind of jobs in the past that were handled by men are now handled by women and I am proud of that.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Saina Nehwal has praised the teaser of her biopic Saina, which features Parineeti Chopra as the noted badminton player.
- Kareena Kapoor took to Instagram to wish Saif Ali Khan's son Ibrahim Ali Khan as he turned 20. She shared a photo of him from a recent shoot.
- Gauahar Khan's father died on Friday after being admitted in a hospital for several days. The agctor had been posting about him as she kept close to him in his last days.
- Sonam Kapoor has shared several throwback pictures with sister Rhea Kapoor while wishing her on her birthday on Friday.
- Ananya Panday on Thursday shared a picture with her team mates from Liger as they all went for dinner together. See her picture here. Liger stars Ananya and Vijay Deverakonda in the lead.
- Sara Ali Khan took to Instagram to wish her brother Ibrahim Ali Khan on his birthday on Friday. See his specially designed football-shaped cake.
- Kangana Ranaut has posted a video from the sets of Tejas in which she can be seen training on a net. She plays an Indian Air Force pilot in the film.
- Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan tied the knot in 2012. At the time, Brad Pitt wished the couple 'all the luck' on their marriage.
- Kangana Ranaut took to Twitter and dropped a vague description of a man who she believes is running a social media smear campaign against her.
- Swara Bhasker lashed out at a man who made an unsavoury comment about her being on the cover of Vogue magazine. She called him a "pretentious half-wit pretending to be ‘elite’".