Anupriya Goenka: Happy with how career has shaped up as I came from a space where I knew nobody in the industry
Actor Anupriya Goenka has been around in the film industry for seven years and has been a part of biggies like Padmaavat (2018), War (2019) and Tiger Zinda Hai (2017), coupled with web shows such as Sacred Games and Criminal Justice. But she feels there’s still a lot of scope for better roles.
“I am happy with how my career has shaped up so far, because I came from a space where I knew nobody in the industry. I am not a very social person, don’t know how to network. I always got roles on the basis of auditions. It’s never been through connections. That way, I feel blessed despite the fact that there is a hindrance of not being social,” says the 33-year-old.
Grateful for the fact that she still was able to work with ‘talented’ people, and getting roles which resonated with her, Goenka goes on to add, “Except maybe once or twice, I never picked up something which I didn’t believe in. There was always a potent reason for me to do something, like Padmaavat had Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Tiger Zinda Hai had Salman (Khan) sir, my role was pretty substantial, similarly War gave me good footing. A part of me also feels I earned it,” adds Goenka.
She says that reaching this position in her career required her to turn down projects too, and that was the most difficult part of her career. “I had to say no to a lot of things also, it’s not that easy. You have to let go of work which you are not comfortable in. You don’t know what’s coming round the corner. I give a lot of credit to Pradeep Sarkar (filmmaker), he gave me confidence. Everything is interlinked, from my first advertisement to now. At that point, I was just trying acting, and felt uncertain of being in a space where would I be able to survive… the kind of stories we hear as outsiders. I also didn’t know what I have in me,” Goenka admits.
Interact with the author on Twitter/ @RishabhSuri02
Follow @htshowbiz on Twitter
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Anushka Sharma shared a post on mothers on the occasion of International Women's Day. She said that 'strong' and 'resilient ones' need to be celebrated.
- Kishwer Merchant dropped a comment on a video of Kangana Ranaut at the airport, asking, "How is this woman never in a mask?'
- Esha Deol revealed that while her mother Hema Malini did not cry at her 'bidaai', she could not hold back her emotions afterwards.
- Lisa Haydon, who is currently expecting her third child with husband Dino Lalvani, shared a special post featuring her 'very little woman' on International Women's Day.
- Aamir Khan and Elli AvrRam burn up the dance floor in the first teaser for their song, Har Funn Maula. Watch it here.
- Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui's brother Shamas has reacted to news of that Nawaz and his wife, Aaliya, are willing to reconcile. Aaliya had accused Shamas of physical abuse.
- Kriti Sanon slipped and almost fell before a posing session for the paparazzi on Monday. Watch the video here.
- Janhvi Kapoor was spotted at the Mumbai airport over the weekend. During her exit from the airport, her staff member stopped a fan from taking a picture with the actor. Janhvi tackled the situation calmly.
- Boney Kapoor said that he was fortunate to have 'some of the strongest women in the world' in his life -- late wife Sridevi, and daughters Janhvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor.
- Despite cancelling divorce proceedings, Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife, Aaliya, has said that they aren't yet living with each other.
- Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra shared a funny and cute video of the two of them to celebrate his wife and an 'amazing role model'.