Boman to watch the Euros live in France
Bollywood actor Boman Irani will travel from Madrid (Spain), where he attended an awards function last week, to Nice (France), to watch England play Iceland in the last match of the Round of 16 stage of Euro 2016 (on June 28).
“My school friend, Feroze, and I are going together. All my plans are impulsive. I feel one should keep dreaming, but instead of having only plans in your head, you should go ahead and do those things too,” says Boman.
The 56-year-old says “he has been a football fan for years now”. “I watched every game [of Euro 2016]. I keep tweeting something or the other about the matches as well. I haven’t missed even a single late-night match this year. Generally, I am busy before that, so I am not able to catch the evening matches,” he says.
Boman says he used to play the sport when he was in school. “In school, we were shown several films on football. So, I remember watching Pele as a kid. I recall watching the first World Cup in 1982, when Italy won the tournament,” he says. His sons, Kayoze and Danesh, also love football. “My kids also follow the game, but they aren’t coming with me, as they have some work,” he says.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Here's a video of almost-baby Tiger Shroff, taking to the stage with his father, Jackie, back in the early 1990s.
- The creatives behind an apparel advertisement featuring Deepika Padukone have been accused of plagiarism by Yeh Ballet filmmaker Sooni Taraporevala, who has called the incident 'intellectual theft'.
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.
- Several Twitter users pointed out that the poster for the upcoming Saina Nehwal biopic, starring Parineeti Chopra, appears to show an incorrect serve action.
- John Abraham and Disha Patani have begun working on their upcoming film, Ek Villain Returns. See pics.
- Tiger Shroff, who turned a year older on Tuesday, was spotted with rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani and his mother Ayesha Dutt on a dinner outing.
- Ankita Lokhande has shared several pictures and videos from a house party she had with Rashami Desai on Monday.
- Shaza Morani and Priyaank Sharma's Hindu wedding ceremony has been postponed, in light of the increase in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra. The couple and their families and friends are currently in the Maldives.
- Divya Dutta has expressed her displeasure at being labeled as a supporting actor, insisting she loves playing all kinds of roles.
- Actor Parineeti Chopra's long-awaited biopic of badminton ace Saina Nehwal has been given a release date. Watch the first teaser here.
- Actor Ileana D'Cruz was asked during an Instagram Ask Me Anything session if she's ever had any cosmetic surgeries done. Here's what she said.
- Kangana Ranaut says that a new FIR has been registered against her, this time over her tweets on farmers agitation against the farm bills.
- Tara Sutaria shared the first poster of her upcoming movie Tadap. Her boyfriend Aadar Jain shared the poster on his Instagram Stories and expressed his excitement.