Businessman files criminal defamation complaint against Esha Gupta for accusing him of sexual harassment
A businessman filed a criminal defamation complaint in a Delhi court against Bollywood actor Esha Gupta after she accused him of sexual misconduct. The defamation complaint was filed by businessman Rohit Vig before Saket Court through senior Advocate Vikas Pahwa under sections 499 and 500 of the Indian Penal Code.
The court admitted the case and posted the matter for August 28 for recording pre-summoning evidence of the complainant.
The businessman, through his complaint, also sought adequate compensation in his favour. "The mental agony caused to the complainant is continuing every day since close friends and colleagues are contacting him and his family on a continuous basis and expressed displeasure over the content posted by the accused," the plea said.
The complainant mentioned that many members of the public have been expressing doubts on the integrity and moral character of the complainant believing the false and defamatory statements to be true.
Earlier this month, Esha, in a series of tweets, had accused the businessman of "raping her with his eyes" The actor had shared various posts and tweets of the alleged incident.
In one such post on Instagram, the actor wrote, "About my previous post, this guy was literally raping me with his eyes..thanks to my security for being more patient than me in this situation..does anyone know him? #deardonna.''
Posting a picture of the businessman on Twitter, Gupta wrote, "the man who thinks staring at a woman all night n making her uncomfortable is ok. He did not touch me or say anything. But throughout stare. Not as a fan, not Cus m an actor, but because m a Woman. Where are we safe? Is being a woman a curse."
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Priyanka Chopra has said that she regrets endorsing fairness creams in India, but as a child she believed that dark skin wasn't pretty and would put talcum powder on her face.
- Pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's sangeet function have been shared online by Zoa Morani. Check them out here.
- New pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's mehendi ceremony have arrived online. Check them out here.
Akshay Oberoi: We lucked out as there were no Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar sort of big films releasing in 2020
Republic Day special | John Abraham: Honesty in playing a person who cares for his country comes naturally to me
- Varun Dhawan's wife, Natasha Dalal, got her wedding makeup done in 35 minutes, artist Namrata Soni has said.
- On the second anniversary of Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi, Kangana Ranaut has accused the movie 'mafia' of launching negative campaigns against her and the film.
- Remo D'Souza has shared a video of himself, dancing with his doctors, after recovering from a heart attack recently.
- Varun Dhawan's Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania and Badrinath Ki Dulhania director, Shashank Khaitan, has some advice for the actor's wife, Natasha Dalal.
- Late actor Irrfan Khan's son, Babil, has said that he has no interest in doing films that make ₹100 crore but have no artistic value.