Deepika Padukone may be summoned by NCB in drugs case if needed: report
The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB), probing the alleged Bollywood-drug nexus, might summon actor Deepika Padukone if needed, an official said on Tuesday. NCB sources said some WhatsApp conversations purportedly discussing drugs are on the radar of the agency.
Some of these chats were purportedly between Deepika’s manager Karishma Prakash and one “D”, they said. The official said the NCB might also summon actors Rakul Preet Singh and Sara Ali Khan, and designer Simone Khambatta this week.
KPS Malhotra, deputy director of NCB, confirmed that KWAN talent management agency’s CEO Dhurv Chitgopekar has been summoned to join the ongoing investigation. Dhruv reached the Bombay Port Trust (BPT) guest house, where NCB officials are, at around 2 pm. Sushant Singh Rajput’s talent manager Jaya Saha also reached the guest house to join the investigation.
However, Malhotra denied that any summons was send to KWAN’ employee and Deepika Padukone’s manager, Karishma Prakash. “No summons has been issued to Karishma. But we will send her a summon later this week,” said Malhotra.
“The NCB will first question Karishma Prakash and might summon actor Deepika Padukone if needed,” the official said.
During the NCB’s investigation into the drugs angle in actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s death case, a wider drugs nexus in Bollywood surfaced. Sushant’s talent manager Jaya Saha was questioned by the NCB on Monday.
The NCB has so far arrested more than 12 people, including Sushant’s girlfriend and actor Rhea Chakraborty and her brother Showik Chakraborty, in connection with the probe into the drugs angle in the case of the actor’s death.
Sushant (34) was found dead at his home in Bandra on June 14.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Anushka Sharma shared a post on mothers on the occasion of International Women's Day. She said that 'strong' and 'resilient ones' need to be celebrated.
- Kishwer Merchant dropped a comment on a video of Kangana Ranaut at the airport, asking, "How is this woman never in a mask?'
- Esha Deol revealed that while her mother Hema Malini did not cry at her 'bidaai', she could not hold back her emotions afterwards.
- Lisa Haydon, who is currently expecting her third child with husband Dino Lalvani, shared a special post featuring her 'very little woman' on International Women's Day.
- Aamir Khan and Elli AvrRam burn up the dance floor in the first teaser for their song, Har Funn Maula. Watch it here.
- Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui's brother Shamas has reacted to news of that Nawaz and his wife, Aaliya, are willing to reconcile. Aaliya had accused Shamas of physical abuse.
- Kriti Sanon slipped and almost fell before a posing session for the paparazzi on Monday. Watch the video here.
- Janhvi Kapoor was spotted at the Mumbai airport over the weekend. During her exit from the airport, her staff member stopped a fan from taking a picture with the actor. Janhvi tackled the situation calmly.
- Boney Kapoor said that he was fortunate to have 'some of the strongest women in the world' in his life -- late wife Sridevi, and daughters Janhvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor.
- Despite cancelling divorce proceedings, Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife, Aaliya, has said that they aren't yet living with each other.
- Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra shared a funny and cute video of the two of them to celebrate his wife and an 'amazing role model'.