Ex-lovers get back together onscreen
On Thursday evening, former lovers Priyanka Chopra and Shahid Kapoor launched the promo of their upcoming film, Teri Meri Kahaani in Mumbai. The same day, reports emerged that Bipasha Basu, who split from John Abraham last year, had signed his film, Shootout At Wadala. As we write this, ex-lovers Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone are hitting it off in Manali, shooting for Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani.
In an aberration from the likes of Shahid Kapoor-Kareena Kapoor and Salman Khan-Aishwarya Rai, who did not work together ever after their breakup, times seem to be changing in Bollywood, with actors putting professionalism ahead of personal equations.
“Bipasha agreed to do the item number in Shootout At Wadala without even thinking about the ‘John factor’. Why would she have a problem? She has maintained that if a good script comes along, she wouldn’t mind working with John. They are both professional,” says a friend of the actor. “I am open to working with John. I don’t dwell in the past,” Bipasha told us. In spite of a much publicised breakup and war of words, Deepika Padukone and Ranbir Kapoor’s chemistry in Manali is creating a buzz, and sources close to both say that they are being professional, the way co-stars should be.
“They are working together, so yes, they will be hang out together and be cordial,” says a source. Deepika too, told us in an interview, “I have no issues working with Ranbir. We moved on. I think the media didn’t.”
At the promo launch of Teri Meri Kahaani, while people couldn’t stop raving about Shahid Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra’s onscreen chemistry, they were a little cold to each other on the stage. “They are not on very good terms but are being sporty and promoting the film together,” says a source from the film’s unit. The two were last seen together in Kaminey in 2009. Last year, the two had refused to give joint bites to the media during an ad shoot.
The film fraternity says that this is a sign that Bollywood has grown up. “This is a very mature step. Relationships start and then they sour. There would be a lot of sanity all around if actors can overcome their personal issues,” says filmmaker Boney Kapoor, whose film Milenge Milenge was not promoted by lead pair Shahid and Kareena as they had split by then.
Tell us what you think
Which of these former jodis are you looking forward to seeing on the silver screen? Let us know on
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Janhvi Kapoor, who will be seen next in Roohi, said that viewers are not 'obligated' to love her and the onus is on her to give them a reason to. She added that she is working hard to win everyone over.
- Priyanka Chopra and her pet dog Diana are soaking up the sun in London, where the actor is shooting for the Amazon series Citadel, in which she plays a spy.
- Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt were clicked at an ad shoot with director Gauri Shinde. Check out some behind-the-scenes photos from the shoot here.
- Salman Khan said he feels 'awkward' and 'embarrassed' but at the same time, 'delighted' and 'honoured', to have his painting displayed alongside legends at an art show.
- Dr. Shriram Nene prepared a homemade pizza for Madhuri Dixit. As he shared a picture of it on Instagram, many of their fans showered compliments.
- Sara Ali Khan took to Instagram and revealed that she and her mother Amrita Singh visited Ajmer Sharif Dargah on Friday.
- Parineeti Chopra shared a new song - Matlabi Yariyan - from her upcoming film, The Girl On The Train. The actor has sung the soulful ballad. Watch here.
- Sara Ali Khan and her mother Amrita Singh were seen twinning in green at Mumbai airport on Thursday. See their pictures here.
- Sharmila Tagore had once talked about how Kareena Kapoor had her birthday when Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi was hospitalised but chose not to draw attention towards herself.
- Mumbai Saga trailer has John Abraham and Emraan Hashmi locking horns with Mumbai streets as the arena. Watch the trailer here.