Get over Rasode Mein Kaun Tha, Rajkummar Rao’s Ludo rap Paneer Tikka is all things fantastic. Watch
Rajkummar Rao is well known for his acting talent and was again praised for his performance in his latest release, Ludo. The actor played Aaloo, a dhaba owner who will doing anything for his one-sided love, Pinky. His art of reading out the entire menu of his food joint without a breath was one of the highlights of the film. Now music composer Mayur Jumani has paid a tribute to the actor by turning the famous dhaba scene from the film into a rap song.
Mayur shared the rap song titled Paneer Tikka, featuring Rajkummar, on Instagram and wrote, “The Paneer Tikka song feat. Rajkumar Rao in a retro style beat. Who else is geting hungry after listening to this?” Rajkummar took note of the rap song and shared it on his Instagram and thanked him for the same.
The song was an instant hit on social media. Ayushmann Khurrana reacted, “Hahahahaha” in the comments section. A fan called it “epic” while another wrote, “Bhot hard”. One more commented, “RR Rocks”.
The Hindustan Times review of Ludo had said about Rajkummar’s onscreen character, “Between pelvic thrusts a la Mithun Chakraborty and running a dhaba, Aaloo is actually pining for Pinky (Fatima Sana Shaikh) and nothing is too farfetched when it comes to making his ladylove happy.”
Directed by Anurag Basu, Ludo is a dark comedy anthology with an ensemble cast of Rajkummar, Fatima, Pankaj Tripathi, Aditya Roy Kapur, Sanya Malhotra and others. Anurag also made a guest appearance in the film. It was the big Diwali release of the year that premiered on Netflix on November 12.
Earlier, Yashraj Mukhate’s Rasode Mein Kaun Tha was a big hit on the internet. It was made on one of the scenes of the TV show Saath Nibhaana Saathiya and featured Rupal Patel’s Kokilaben. Such has been the impact of the song’s popularity that the show made a comeback with a second season after many years with Rupal making an appearance in limited episodes.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.
- Actor Sonam Kapoor has shared a new image from the Glasgow sets of her upcoming film, Blind. Her dad, Anil Kapoor, left a comment on her post.
- Natasa Stankovic has paid a heartfelt tribute to Hardik Pandya’s father who died on Saturday after suffering a heart attack.
- Disha Patani took to Instagram stories to share a video of herself dancing to rumoured boyfriend Tiger Shroff's new track, Casanova.
- Soni Razdan feels that Rhea Chakraborty has a bright future ahead of her in the film industry. Soni said that her time in jail 'clearly exposed the people who sent her there'.