How does one justify such terror acts, asks Hrithik Roshan
A gun and bomb attack on Istanbul’s Ataturk international airport left 36 people dead and more than 150 injured on June 28. Hrithik Roshan had a narrow escape from the terror attack on Tuesday (June 28) since he was at the airport a few hours before the attack.
The 42-year-old star, who was vacationing in Spain and Africa with his sons Hrehaan and Hridhaan, was returning to India, but he missed his connecting flight at the Istanbul airport. He even tweeted that he had missed his flight and was stuck at the airport since the next flight was available the next day. However, since he didn’t want to wait, he booked economy seats and flew out earlier.
When contacted, Hrithik replied through a text message, “I was shocked to learn about this incident, as I flew out of Istanbul just a few hours before [it happened]. The loss of innocent lives in such incidents has become a terrible and shameful reality of the times that we live in. How does one justify such acts? My heart goes out to those innocent and unsuspecting people who have been killed or injured.”
Hrithik took to Twitter to thank the Istanbul airport staff for their assistance.
Hrithik’s father, film-maker Rakesh Roshan is “relieved”. He says, “God was kind that Hrithik took the next available flight and got out. On any other day, I don’t think he would’ve gone for economy class seats. If he had waited longer, God knows what would have happened.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Priyanka Chopra has said that she regrets endorsing fairness creams in India, but as a child she believed that dark skin wasn't pretty and would put talcum powder on her face.
- Pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's sangeet function have been shared online by Zoa Morani. Check them out here.
- New pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's mehendi ceremony have arrived online. Check them out here.
Akshay Oberoi: We lucked out as there were no Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar sort of big films releasing in 2020
Republic Day special | John Abraham: Honesty in playing a person who cares for his country comes naturally to me
- Varun Dhawan's wife, Natasha Dalal, got her wedding makeup done in 35 minutes, artist Namrata Soni has said.
- On the second anniversary of Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi, Kangana Ranaut has accused the movie 'mafia' of launching negative campaigns against her and the film.
- Remo D'Souza has shared a video of himself, dancing with his doctors, after recovering from a heart attack recently.
- Varun Dhawan's Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania and Badrinath Ki Dulhania director, Shashank Khaitan, has some advice for the actor's wife, Natasha Dalal.
- Late actor Irrfan Khan's son, Babil, has said that he has no interest in doing films that make ₹100 crore but have no artistic value.