It’s the first step in a long journey: Renuka Shahane on Rhea’s arrest
“Justice has its own way of working. All the cases against Rhea Chakraborty -investigated by ED, CBI and the NCB- will lead to finding out what happened to Sushant Singh Rajput. There are a lot of things that will be covered and this is the first step. It is a long journey,” says Renuka Shahane, who feels during the investigation a “lot of things” will come out and not “just about Rhea”.
The actor-director is glad that the agencies are working without being pressurised by the media channels. She says, “Their frenzy is despicable. I remember, Jessica Lal and Nitish Katara’s case, though the latter didn’t come to fruition, but the pressure from media and people worked against powerful people. Investigative journalism has power to bring out corruption charges in high political circles but there is a thin line between investigation and overlooking anyone’s privacy. Even the Supreme Court has granted human rights to accused- even after proven guilty in jail.”
Shahane rues that the case has turned into a reality show, which is “unfortunate”. “We all want justice and find out why a person, who was so loved, passed away. It is difficult to accept. I understand pain and frenzy of the fans, but there has to be modicum of grace while investigating. I don’t know if outing private chats are legal. I am surprised that none of the agencies have taken taking cognisance of the fact that all privacy has been overlooked. No human rights are upheld. There is an insinuation about so many people. What level of trolling people had to go through? Everything has been handled in a disgraceful manner,” she says.
She says she wants justice and find out the truth about Rajput’s death and adds, “Let’s just wait for the agencies to find out the truth. Additionally, if the truth comes out which is not what the current narrative is- then it would be the saddest thing as maybe it could something that Sushant didn’t want made public.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Anushka Sharma shared a post on mothers on the occasion of International Women's Day. She said that 'strong' and 'resilient ones' need to be celebrated.
- Kishwer Merchant dropped a comment on a video of Kangana Ranaut at the airport, asking, "How is this woman never in a mask?'
- Esha Deol revealed that while her mother Hema Malini did not cry at her 'bidaai', she could not hold back her emotions afterwards.
- Lisa Haydon, who is currently expecting her third child with husband Dino Lalvani, shared a special post featuring her 'very little woman' on International Women's Day.
- Aamir Khan and Elli AvrRam burn up the dance floor in the first teaser for their song, Har Funn Maula. Watch it here.
- Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui's brother Shamas has reacted to news of that Nawaz and his wife, Aaliya, are willing to reconcile. Aaliya had accused Shamas of physical abuse.
- Kriti Sanon slipped and almost fell before a posing session for the paparazzi on Monday. Watch the video here.
- Janhvi Kapoor was spotted at the Mumbai airport over the weekend. During her exit from the airport, her staff member stopped a fan from taking a picture with the actor. Janhvi tackled the situation calmly.
- Boney Kapoor said that he was fortunate to have 'some of the strongest women in the world' in his life -- late wife Sridevi, and daughters Janhvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor.
- Despite cancelling divorce proceedings, Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife, Aaliya, has said that they aren't yet living with each other.
- Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra shared a funny and cute video of the two of them to celebrate his wife and an 'amazing role model'.