Kangana Ranaut says ‘Gajini’ Joe Biden ‘won’t last more than a year’, praises Kamala Harris’ win: ‘She will run the show’
Actor Kangana Ranaut has reacted to the US elections results with very different opinions of President-elect Joe Biden and vice president-elect Kamala Harris. While Kangana clearly does not think very highly of Joe, she has applauded Kamala’s victory as the first woman in history to hold the second highest position in America.
Kangana took to Twitter to give her own predictions of America’s future. Sharing a video of Kamala’s victory speech, she wrote, “Not sure about Gajni Biden who’s data crashes every 5 minutes, all the medicines they have injected in to him he won’t last more than a year, clearly Kamal Harris will run the show. When one woman rises, she makes the way for every woman. Cheers to this historic day.”
Kangana’s post, as always, got haters and supporters. One Twitter user wrote, “This post is mean @KanganaTeam. People have chosen Joe due to his merits. They both would make a great team. I appreciate you but please don’t demean such a respectful person.” Another person wrote, “This doesn’t make sense at all. Both are from same party, same political ideology, philosophy and intentions. Just coz she’s a woman, you make her a role model, and Joe becomes Gajni -- how does that work ?”
Joe was projected as the 46th President of the United States on Saturday after he won the electoral college with the final tally of votes from Pennsylvania and Nevada. Pledging to be the president of all Americans, Joe has sought an immediate end to the “grim era of demonisation” in the deeply-polarised nation, as he and Kamala celebrated their historic triumph over Donald Trump in a bitter and closely-fought presidential election.
Trump has so far refused to concede the election that attracted a record number of Americans to cast their votes amidst the Covid19 pandemic. He has announced filing multiple lawsuits against the election results in key battleground states like Pennsylvania, where Joe was born and that gave him the crucial 20 electoral votes to cross the magic figure of 270 he needed to win.
All of Hollywood and even many Bollywood stars have celebrated Joe and Kamala’s victory. Priyanka Chopra, Mindy Kaling and Masaba Gupta wrote about the representation that Kamala’s win brings for women while filmmaker Spike Lee was spotted popping champagne bottles on the streets of New York.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Sara Ali Khan has shared a few adorable pictures with cousin Inaaya Naumi Kemmu (daughter of her aunt Soha Ali Khan) and the two have been called ‘cuteness queens’ by the internet.
- Ranveer Singh's sister Ritika Bhavnani celebrated her birthday on Saturday and the entire Bhavnani family came together to celebrate the occasion by stepping out for a family dinner.
- Actor Ameesha Patel took to her social media accounts on Saturday to seemingly address reports that she'd defrauded a businessman.
- Genelia D'Souza once teased sons Rahyl and Riaan about Riteish Deshmukh's 'new girlfriend'. She said that the boys got rather 'upset' with him over the joke.
Akshay Oberoi: Acting is not a sport or a game, you’re just competing with yourself and your last performance
- Called a 'truly clueless, uneducated, stupid human being' on Twitter, Kangana Ranaut said that her tweets are intended for 'high IQ people'.
- Babil Khan got emotional as he stumbled upon old messages from his father, the late Irrfan Khan, while deleting unnecessary texts from his phone.
- Hrithik Roshan, in an interview in 2017, said that he was at a good place in his life and was not thinking about getting married again. He was previously married to Sussanne Khan.
- Parineeti Chopra reminisced about many of her firsts in a new video for Netflix India. Watch it here.
- Bipasha Basu and her husband, Karan Singh Grover, have been keeping their fans updated with their adventures in the Maldives. See their pictures here.
- Milind Soman and his wife, Ankita Konwar, took to Instagram on Saturday to celebrate seven years of their relationship. See the pictures here.
- Actor Priyanka Chopra on Saturday passed on her best wishes to the current Miss India contestants, and reminisced about winning the crown two decades ago.