Lost and found: Bhumi Pednekar's incredible weight-loss journey
Changing your physique to look a certain way for a film has more or less become a norm today. In fact, Bhumi Pednekar, in her debut movie, Dum Laga Ke Haisha, put on over 20kg (she weighed nearly 89kg).
Now, however, the one-film-old actor has shed most of it. In fact, she is now thinner than ever before. “This is pretty much the leanest I have ever been,” she says, adding, “I did put on weight for my first film, but I was a regular plump girl even before that. There were some months when I was overweight, and others when I wasn’t.”
A weight-loss programme can often be tedious, as one not only has to work out, but also control one’s diet. But it was a “fun ride” for Bhumi.
“It took me a year to put on those kilos, but it took me only about four-five months to knock them off. There is a difference between being thin and being fit. I have become thin. Now, I’m working towards the fitness aspect. I’ve never deprived myself of eating anything I’ve wanted,” she says.
The actor adds that she never went to a dietician or a nutritionist. Instead, she joined a gym close to her house, and started dancing and swimming.
“Till now, it has only been my mother and me. The Internet has everything, and my mom is knowledgeable when it comes to nutrition and health. The two of us came up with a diet plan. But I may take professional help now so that my body can look a certain way.”
Once she achieves her goal, Bhumi will aggressively start looking at scripts for future roles.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Filmmaker-actor Divya Khosla Kumar has spoken about her journey, and how she didn't want to join the film industry when she first moved to Mumbai.
- Actor Rajkummar Rao isn't over his obsession with Shah Rukh Khan. He has often spoken about his love for SRK.
- As actors Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan prepare to move into their house, their designer gave an insight into all the amenities the new home will have.
- Did you know that Pranutan Bahl and Kajol are related? Here's what the young actor has to say about her equation with 'Kajol bua'.
- Taimur Ali Khan was fascinated by a cow outside his Fortune Heights residence. He folded his hands and enjoyed its owner playing film songs on his wind instrument.
- Actor Salman Khan prepared some raw onion pickle in a new video shared by his 'sister', Bina Kak. Watch video here.