Manoj Bajpayee’s Kriti removed from YouTube
Shirish Kunder has been accused of copying his latest short film Kriti starring Manoj Bajpayee, Neha Sharma and Radhika Apte from the Nepalese short film Bob. Kriti has now been removed by YouTube.
Kunder on Monday filed a legal notice against Nepali filmmaker Aneel Neupane, who claimed that the Bollywood filmmaker’s short movie Kriti is a copy of his film. Shirish also sought a written apology.
After Kunder’s Kriti started garnering plaudits on social media, Nepali filmmaker Aneel Neupane accused him of practically stealing the plot of his movie Bob. Incidentally, YouTube removed Kriti on Monday itself, triggering Aneel to cherish his victory.
Kunder’s wife Farah Khan is “sad” and has expressed anger over the issue. “Any Tom, Dick and Harry cannot just cry foul and take away someone’s hard work,” Midday quoted Khan as saying. She also said, “Kriti is a psycho thriller, and there is almost always a psychiatrist in films of this genre, so you can’t say it was copied from another movie”.
Kriti, an 18-minute short film, was released online on June 22. The film is getting rave responses from members of the film fraternity and critics a like. Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal also appreciated Kunder for it.
Watch Bob, the film Shirish is said to have copied frame by frame
(With IANS inputs)
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut took to Twitter and dropped a vague description of a man who she believes is running a social media smear campaign against her.
- Swara Bhasker lashed out at a man who made an unsavoury comment about her being on the cover of Vogue magazine. She called him a "pretentious half-wit pretending to be ‘elite’".
- Rohan Shrestha's father, Rakesh Shrestha, said that he would be very happy if his son and Shraddha Kapoor decide to get married.
- Rakesh Roshan took to social media and revealed he received the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine shot. He also pointed out the uniqueness of the day.
- Alia Bhatt took to Instagram and shared new production pictures from the upcoming movie Brahmastra. The actor stars with Ranbir Kapoor and Amitabh Bachchan in the movie.
- Actor Hazel Keech, the wife of cricketer Yuvraj Singh, announced that she is going on a social media detox. She said that she will be back but 'not too soon'.
- Kangana Ranaut is 'thrilled' to know how she is 'awesome at everything' she does. On Thursday, she shared photos of her smoothie bowl, after many claimed that she had pulled the picture off the internet.
- Parineeti Chopra has unveiled the teaser of her upcoming film Saina. She plays badminton player Saina Nehwal in the film.