Manzoor E Khuda BTS video shows how Katrina Kaif scraped her knees for Thugs of Hindostan song
It’s not easy to be the best dance star of Bollywood, ask Katrina Kaif. In a recently shared behind-the-scenes video of the making of the latest song from Thugs of Hindostan, the actor shows how preparing and performing for the song was nothing short of a challenge.
A particular dance step in Manzoor E Khuda, demanded her to slide her knees across the floor while maintaining a stern expression on her face. While she did prepare for the song in knee pads during rehearsals, she could not keep wearing them for when the song was actually to be shot.
Katrina wore bandages on her knees and painted them with spray paint. “There was a part of choreography that involved these knee spins on the floor but when we were rehearsing it, of course we rehearse with knee pads what you don’t realise is that there is a certain slide which the knee pads give you, which gives you a little bit of an extra speed. So on the day of the shoot, you of course can’t have knee pads with the outfit which I am wearing so of course, I suffered a bit of an injury there that took me a while to get through and that was something which was challenging,” she said in the video.
The making-of video also includes bits about the significance of the song in the movie, what was the idea behind the music, how it was the first song sung by Sunidhi Chauhan after she gave birth to her first child and the symbolism the song carries throughout. Watch the full video here:
Thugs of Hindostan is set to release on November 8 and also stars Aamir Khan, Amitabh Bachchan and Fatima Sana Shaikh.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shah Rukh Khan's daughter, Suhana Khan, has shared a new picture on Instagram Stories, showing off her necklace collection.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's niece, Mallika Singh, shared precious memories with him on his birth anniversary. She said that she misses him ‘more than (he) can ever imagine’.
- Mira Rajput has shared new pictures from her Goa vacation with Shahid Kapoor. See her latest posts here.
- Kangana Ranaut criticised Twitter after a representative justified temporary restriction of her account, citing her now-deleted anti-Tandav tweet.
- Anil Kapoor was sceptical about playing Priyanka Chopra's father in Dil Dhadakne Do, as they were offered films as a romantic pair in the past. His son, Harsh Varrdhan Kapoor, convinced him to take up the role.
- Actor Tiger Shroff's sister, Krishna, has shared a special post on her 28th birthday, and Disha Patani is in awe. Check it out here.
- Actor Arjun Rampal has shared a new video with his son, Arik. His partner, Gabriella Demetriades, loves it.
- Varun Dhawan evaded commenting on his upcoming wedding with Natasha Dalal in Alibaug when photographers congratulated him. Watch the video here.
- Renuka Shahane, whose parents separated when she was eight years old, was ostracised by other children because she came from a 'broken family'.
- Late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's last co-star, Sanjana Sanghi, has paid tribute to him on his birth anniversary on Thursday.