Marjaavaan sound technician Nimish Pilankar dies at 29, colleagues discuss how ‘techs work overtime, rarely get paid’
Sound technician Nimish Pilankar, who reportedly worked on the recently released Marjaavaan and Housefull 4, has died at the age of 29. Nimish is said to have suffered from high blood pressure, which resulted in brain haemorrhage.
Akshay took to Twitter to offer his condolences. He wrote, “Very sad to learn about the passing away of Nimish Pilankar, that too at such a young age. My heart goes out to his family at this difficult time.”
Actor Vipin Sharma reacted to a post on Twitter about Nimish’s untimely death. He wrote, “Many techs work over time n rarely get paid for that. Its terrible. Afraid to loose work they stay quiet n keep working. Many times they may not get fully paid as well while they already accept to work for less money in the first place. Rest in Peace Nimish Pilankar.”
Director and producer Mrunalinni Patil had also confirmed the news on Twitter. She wrote, “SOUND TECHNICIAN, NIMISH PILANKAR, aged 29, has passed away...of high blood pressure leading to brain haemorrhage. Point is; does anyone care? Technicians contribute silently n immeasurably to Bollywood cinema. They work long hours coz they love cinema. Do they get credit.”
According to a report in India Today, Nimish had a career breakthrough with Salman Khan’s 2018 film Race 3. He went on to work on films such as Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga, Kesari and Jalebi.
Meanwhile, Housefull 4 is nearing the Rs 200 crore mark whereas Marjaavaan has collected Rs 42 crore in 10 days.
Last week, television actor and model Gehana Vasisth has suffered a heart attack and was admitted to a hospital. Her doctor said she suffered the attack after being on a long work shift without proper nutrition.
As per sources, she fell unconscious on Thursday afternoon while shooting at Madh Island for a web series. She was immediately rushed to the hospital. Dr Pranav Kabra, head of Raksha Hospital, said Gehana was brought in with no pulse and extremely low blood pressure. He added that it took two hours to revive her pulse and had to be given electric shock treatment.
“From the preliminary information we have got so far, Gehana Vasisth was shooting for nearly 48 hours without consuming proper nourishment. She has been admitted to the Intensive Care section and we are doing a series of tests on her. She is suffering from diabetes and her sugar is on the higher side, while her BP is very low. We were told she consumed some energy drinks and was also taking medication for diabetes and some other ailment. We are not sure if there was any reaction between what she consumed.” he added.
Gehana was recently seen in ALT Balaji’s Gandii Baat. She has also featured in shows on the Ullu app.
(With IANS inputs)
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Fans clamoured for any new detail about Kareena Kapoor's new baby, after she posted a year-in-recap post on Instagram.
- Actor Janhvi Kapoor, who turned 24 on Saturday, has spoken about the most valuable life lessons she learned from her parents, Boney Kapoor and Sridevi.
- Ranveer Singh took to Instagram and shared an old picture featuring Rohan Shrestha on the photographer's birthday. The photo was taken when they were 14.
- "I will not make the statement you want me to, take my smile instead," said Gul Panag, refusing to comment on statements made by several celebrities about the farmers' protest, in a video being widely shared online.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut has said that she hasn't taken a single holiday in 2021, and has worked through her periods.
- Actors Swara Bhasker, Richa Chadha, Tisca Chopra, Satyadeep Misra, Rajshri Deshpande and others took to social media to voice their support for Taapsee Pannu and Anurag Kashyap.
- Janhvi Kapoor had once revealed how her mother did not want her to join films. Sridevi felt her older daughter would not be able to survive in the industry.
- New behind-the-scenes photos from the sets of an advertisment capture Ranbir Kapoor's transformation into an old man.
- Actor Rhea Chakraborty's lawyer Satish Maneshinde has called the 12000-page charge sheet filed by the Narcotics Control Bureau in the Sushant Singh Rajput's death case a 'damp squib'.
- Gauahar Khan has shared a video of her father, recalling the 'most favourite memory' of her life. The actor's father died on Friday.
- Actor and politician Nafisa Ali has shared some glorious pictures from her youth. Needless to say, she looks beautiful in them. Check them out here.
- Janhvi Kapoor rang in her birthday on Saturday. On the occasion, the actor's sister Khushi took to Instagram and shared a video of a little Janhvi dancing in the house.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui has commented after his wife, Aaliya, halted divorce proceedings against him. The couple has said that their priority is their children.