Naseer apologises after Twinkle slams him for his ‘poor actor’ comment
Not one to take things lying down, actor Twinkle Khanna has slammed veteran actor Naseeruddin Shah for calling her late father and Bollywood superstar Rajesh Khanna a “poor actor”.
In a recent interview to Hindustan Times, Naseeruddin had said: “It was the 1970s when mediocrity came in Hindi films. That’s when the actor called Rajesh Khanna joined the industry. For all his success, I think Mr Khanna was a very limited actor. In fact, he was a poor actor. Intellectually, he wasn’t the most alert person I have ever met. His taste ruled the industry.”
Not happy with the 65-year-old star’s opinion about her late father, Twinkle took to Twitter on Saturday night to express her disapproval.
“Sir if you can’t respect the living, respect the dead -- mediocrity is attacking a man who can’t respond Naseerudin Shah,” Twinkle wrote.
Rajesh Khanna, who made his debut in 1966 with Aakhri Khat, gave several hits like Anand, Haathi Mere Saathi, Kati Patang, Bawarchi and Aradhana. He was officially bestowed with the title The First Superstar of Indian cinema at Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Awards in 2005.
When contacted for his reaction to Twinkle’s disapproval, Naseeruddin apologised. “I’d apologise to those who took personal offence but I wasn’t talking of a particular person. I was talking about a phenomenon,” he said.
With input from HT
Follow @htshowbiz for more.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut, who deleted a controversial tweet against Tandav, defended it from allegations of inciting violence.
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- Remo D'Souza, who recently had a health scare, was spotted out and about town with friend Aamir Ali. Watch a video here.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.
- Actor Sonam Kapoor has shared a new image from the Glasgow sets of her upcoming film, Blind. Her dad, Anil Kapoor, left a comment on her post.