Meghna Gulzar pens a poem on dad Gulzar’s 86th birthday: ‘I walk the right path because his little finger leads me’
Filmmaker Meghna Gulzar has written a poem as a dedication to her father, poet-lyricist and director Gulzar, who turned 86 on Tuesday. The poem was shared on her Instagram page.
She wrote: “I know I’m protected, because his arms cradle me. I know I walk the right path, because his little finger leads me. He dabbles in celluloid so I know I can see. I know I can write, because his ink flows in me. I know I can, because he believes. I know I am because he is. (Thank you for the photo @khamkhaphotoartist). She also posted a black-and-white photo of them together.
A number of celebrities reacted to the post; actors Vikrant Massey and Amruta Khanvilkar dropped black heart emojis in appreciation. Musician and son of Sarod maestro Amjad Ali Khan, Ayaan Ali Bangash, wrote: “Many many happy returns to respected Gulzar Uncle.”
Fans of Gulzar and daughter Meghna also wrote in. One said, “Happy birthday and Pranams Gulzar Saheb. Good health for always.” Another said, “birthday wishes to the bestest we have in our country right now,” while a third said, “he always has his little girls back”.
A number of Bollywood personalities also wished the veteran on his birthday. Paatal Lok star Jaideep Ahlawat posted a picture with Gulzar and so did Raazi actor Vicky Kaushal. Director and music composer Vishal Bhardwaj’s wife, singer Rekha Bhardwaj, too, took to Instagram stories to wish Gulzar on his birthday.
On the work front, Meghna has been working on her next film, a biopic of Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw. The film will star Vicky Kaushal in the lead role.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Ishaan Khatter shared a throwback picture from their childhood to post a 'happy birthday' message for his half-brother, Shahid Kapoor.
- Alia Bhatt did a 'Gangubai Kathiawadi' style namaste to the paparazzi while greeting them during director Sanjay Leela Bhansali's birthday celebrations.
- On Divya Bharti's birth anniversary, here's revisiting an episode from her life when she married producer Sajid Nadiadwala and managed to keep it a secret from her father, who was opposed to the match.
- Shahid Kapoor said that he was with Mira Rajput in the labour room when she was giving birth to their daughter Misha. Mira 'whacked' Shahid when he got dizzy at one point.
- Parineeti Chopra, on being asked about a time in her life she would like to forget, said that she would like to erase her college days as she was 'hugely overweight' at the time.
- Tanishaa Mukherji wished her sister Kajol and brother-in-law Ajay Devgn on their 2nd wedding anniversary.
- Kangana Ranaut announced the release date of her upcoming Jayalalithaa biopic, Thalaivi, with a short teaser. The film, directed by AL Vijay, will release on April 23.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas reacted to a social media user criticised her now-viral ball-shaped outfit. Earlier, Priyanka shared a bunch of memes inspired by her dress.
Birthday girl Sanya Malhotra: In my fifth year in Bollywood, it’s surreal, can’t believe I am living my dream
- Ayushmann Khurrana made sure to interact with his fans in Shillong by promptly coming down to meet them after they gathered at his Shillong hotel. Watch here
- After the death of singer Sardool Sikander on Wednesday, comedian Kapil Sharma shared a video from his daughter Anayra's first Lohri, when Sardool gave his blessings to the baby.
- The teaser of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Gangubai Kathiawadi, starring Alia Bhatt in the titular role, was released on Wednesday. Watch it here.