Priyanka Chopra on husband Nick Jonas, his family: ‘There’s a weird responsibility to them, and safety that comes from it’
Actor Priyanka Chopra and her American singer husband Nick Jonas are the constantly in focus. Ever since her December wedding in India, the couple has been far more visible than before. Priyanka recently spoke to Elle magazine and opened up about marriage.
Speaking about being married, she said: “It’s so different. I’d never realized having a husband and a boyfriend are such different things. When you say your vows, it’s like, this person is my family, and it’s the family I chose. There’s a weird responsibility to them. And a safety that comes from it. We are learning about each other every day.”
Among other things that come with marrying Nick, Priyanka said that not only did she gain a husband, she got two sisters as well. She was quoted as saying: “I’ve never had a sister, so it’s really nice to have Danielle [Jonas] and Sophie [Turner], and just inheriting the family by proxy. Sophie is super talented, super funny and we have the most fun when we go out together.” Priyanka and Nick were a part of Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas’ more formal second wedding in Avignon, France, over the past weekend. The actor was seen in a pink sari as she posed with the Jonas family.
Taking to life in the US with Nick and his family seems to have been seamless for Priyanka, but London is where her heart is. She added that the couple want to settle down in London. She said: “Nick and I want to get a place in London at some point. Whenever I go there, I feel connected to the city.”
Talking about her grand wedding in December last year, she mentioned how between decided on the venue and getting married in December, they had just one and half months to plans things. “We decided on the venue for our wedding in October and we got married on 1 December. We had one-and-a-half months to plan, so we were just like, ‘Yeah, yeah, yeah, let’s get it.’ And suddenly we were like, ‘Ohhh god’. It was very extravagant. Hopefully, you just do it once. So it’s fine.”
She also expressed her desire to make or produce a film with “predominately South Asian cast”. She was happy that she is in a position o make such things possible. “I’m so glad that I’ve been put into the position where I have the ability to open those doors. I want to do it because no one was able to do it for me.”
For the last couple of days, Priyanka and Nick have been stationed in France, first to attend the second wedding of Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas and later, to make public appearances like Paris Fashion Week.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Cricketer Hardik Pandya has shared a few lovely pictures with partner Natasa Stankovic on her birthday. He has also thanked her for giving him the most precious gift - their son Agastya.
- Gauri Khan, Seema Khan, Maheep Kapoor joined Karan Johar, Karisma Kapoor, Malaika Arora, Amrita Arora at Manish Malhotra's residence on Wednesday evening.
- Yami Gautam opens up about being asked to dress her age and aim at looking younger, just before the release of Vicky Donor.
- Swara Bhasker praises Taapsee Pannu for being an 'amazing girl with courage and conviction', adding that she should stand as a 'strong warrior'.
- Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan were visited on Wednesday evening by Karisma Kapoor, Malaika Arora, Amrita Arora, Manish Malhotra and Natasha Poonawalla.
- Karan Johar and Manish Malhotra arrived at Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor's residence and posed together for the paparazzi. Malaika Arora and sister Amrita also visited the couple.
- Twinkle Khanna shared a funny experience from her recent doctor's visit and joked about being a 'long-standing member of Giri Hui Aurat Club'.
- Hema Malini, who will be seen as a guest in an upcoming episode of Indian Idol 12, opened up about how her father tried to keep her away from Dharmendra.
- Tamannaah Bhatia is currently in Jaipur, enjoying the pre-wedding functions of her best friend Hanna Khan. See pictures from sangeet and mehendi ceremonies.