Priyanka Chopra remembers her Miss World crowning moment: ‘20 years ago today, this happened’, see pic
Actor Priyanka Chopra took to her Instagram to post a picture full of nostalgia. She recalled her Miss World crowning moment on the day it had happened 20 years ago.
Sharing a picture on her Instagram Stories, she wrote: “20 years ago, today... this happened!! #MissWorld2000.” It was screengrab on the exact moment when she was crowned Miss World. The video had originally been shared by her team’s Instagram handle. The handle had written, sharing the video clip: “On this day, 20 years ago, an 18-year-old @priyankachopra from Bareilly with big dreams in her eyes mesmerized the globe with her beauty and confidence and won the Miss World Title... #20in2020 #MissWorld #20YearsOfPriyankaChopra.” It showed a nervous but happy Priyanka reacting to the moment.
Priyanka has often spoken this particular life-changing incident of her life. Only recently, she had shared a hilarious video clip where her mother, Dr Madhu Chopra had said how she had reacted to her daughter’s win. Dr Chopra recalled how she said the “stupidest thing” ever. She said: “I had tears streaming down my eyes what’s going to happen. I just need to hug her. And when I hugged her I spoke the stupidest thing -- Instead of telling her that I was so glad, so happy that you’re Miss World. I said, ‘Babe, now what will happen to your studies’.”
Priyanka had an equally interesting story to narrate about winning Miss India title earlier that year. She said she was meant to return home and appear for her exams. On completing 20 years in entertainment business, Priyanka had shared a video from her Miss India winning moment in which she said how she was never meant to win. She had a train booked as she was to go back home and give her board exams. Priyanka explained how she was only 16 at that time.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shah Rukh Khan's daughter, Suhana Khan, has shared a new picture on Instagram Stories, showing off her necklace collection.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's niece, Mallika Singh, shared precious memories with him on his birth anniversary. She said that she misses him ‘more than (he) can ever imagine’.
- Mira Rajput has shared new pictures from her Goa vacation with Shahid Kapoor. See her latest posts here.
- Kangana Ranaut criticised Twitter after a representative justified temporary restriction of her account, citing her now-deleted anti-Tandav tweet.
- Anil Kapoor was sceptical about playing Priyanka Chopra's father in Dil Dhadakne Do, as they were offered films as a romantic pair in the past. His son, Harsh Varrdhan Kapoor, convinced him to take up the role.
- Actor Tiger Shroff's sister, Krishna, has shared a special post on her 28th birthday, and Disha Patani is in awe. Check it out here.
- Actor Arjun Rampal has shared a new video with his son, Arik. His partner, Gabriella Demetriades, loves it.
- Varun Dhawan evaded commenting on his upcoming wedding with Natasha Dalal in Alibaug when photographers congratulated him. Watch the video here.
- Renuka Shahane, whose parents separated when she was eight years old, was ostracised by other children because she came from a 'broken family'.
- Late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's last co-star, Sanjana Sanghi, has paid tribute to him on his birth anniversary on Thursday.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's sister Priyanka Singh paid an emotional tribute to him on his birth anniversary. She appealed to him to respond as the 'eventuality of (his) silence is too loud to bear'.
- Actor Swara Bhasker has said that it is advisable to have a plan B in place before aspiring actors attempt to realise their Bollywood dreams.