R Madhavan gets a wedding proposal from an 18-year-old; actor’s response is winning the internet
There’s just no getting away from R Madhavan’s status as Instagram’s resident hottie. The talented actor who is busy with his upcoming film, Rocketry: The Nambi Effect, shared a photo on social media on Wednesday and wrote about the journey of his film.
“Editing is so much fun and exhausting:. Enjoying and fearing it..End of long travel day. Definitely getting older ..” the actor wrote. Apart from playing the lead role as scientist Nambi Narayanan, Madhavan is also directing, writing and producing the biopic.
However, the actor soon started compliments for his looks including one from a young woman. “Is it wrong that I am 18 and wanna get married to you,” she wrote. Madhavan’s response was grace itself, “ha ha God bless you, you will find someone way more worthier.”
Not just the fan, his colleagues from the industry were also ready with fawning comments. “Getting older never seemed so good!!!!!And much excited for your venture,” wrote actor Shalini Pandey. Shilpa Shetty’s husband Raj Kundra also wrote, “Have you been using fair and handsome?”
Madhavan’s debut as a director, Rocketry is based on the life of Narayanan, who was in-charge of the cryogenics division at the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO). In 1994, he was falsely charged with espionage and arrested. The charges against him were dismissed by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in 1996, and the Supreme Court declared him not guilty in 1998.
According to informed sources, the movie is ahead of schedule with major portions already shot in all three languages -- Hindi, English and Tamil. It is shot extensively across India, Princeton, Scotland, France and Russia.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Here's a video of almost-baby Tiger Shroff, taking to the stage with his father, Jackie, back in the early 1990s.
- The creatives behind an apparel advertisement featuring Deepika Padukone have been accused of plagiarism by Yeh Ballet filmmaker Sooni Taraporevala, who has called the incident 'intellectual theft'.
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.
- Several Twitter users pointed out that the poster for the upcoming Saina Nehwal biopic, starring Parineeti Chopra, appears to show an incorrect serve action.
- John Abraham and Disha Patani have begun working on their upcoming film, Ek Villain Returns. See pics.
- Tiger Shroff, who turned a year older on Tuesday, was spotted with rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani and his mother Ayesha Dutt on a dinner outing.
- Ankita Lokhande has shared several pictures and videos from a house party she had with Rashami Desai on Monday.
- Shaza Morani and Priyaank Sharma's Hindu wedding ceremony has been postponed, in light of the increase in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra. The couple and their families and friends are currently in the Maldives.
- Divya Dutta has expressed her displeasure at being labeled as a supporting actor, insisting she loves playing all kinds of roles.
- Actor Parineeti Chopra's long-awaited biopic of badminton ace Saina Nehwal has been given a release date. Watch the first teaser here.
- Actor Ileana D'Cruz was asked during an Instagram Ask Me Anything session if she's ever had any cosmetic surgeries done. Here's what she said.
- Kangana Ranaut says that a new FIR has been registered against her, this time over her tweets on farmers agitation against the farm bills.
- Tara Sutaria shared the first poster of her upcoming movie Tadap. Her boyfriend Aadar Jain shared the poster on his Instagram Stories and expressed his excitement.