Rajkummar Rao is mistaken for Alia Bhatt as he dresses in drag in Ludo first look, see pics
Actor Rajkummar Rao is definitely one of the best actors we have and he pushes the envelope with every film. To wish his fans on the occasion of the new year, Rajkummar took to Instagram to share his first look from his upcoming film, Ludo. Sure enough, just about everyone was puzzled and here’s why.
In the first of the two pictures, Rajkummar sports a drag look. Wearing a midriff-exposing ghagra choli with a hint of a bosom, thigh-long hair, tantalizingly left loose and falling gracefully across one of his shoulders, red lips and a bindi (a dot on the forehead worn by many in India) and innocently looking away from the camera, Rajkummar is just unrecognisable. In fact, so convincing was the look that many confused him to be Alia Bhatt!
Reacting to it, a fan wrote: “I thought it is alia” while another thought it was Kriti Sanon and wrote: “looking like @kritisanon in 1st one.” Many others could identify him correct and complimented him on his drag look. One user said: “Best drag ever!!! Happy New year Rajkumar!”
In the second picture, Rajkummar is sitting on a bike, with long hair and white-rimmed sun glasses. Huge tassels hang from handles of his bike - this completes his small-town India look. We also know that his character is a Mithun Chakraborty fan from a photo on the bike.
Ludo is a crime anthology, directed by Anurag Basu. The film also stars Abhishek Bachchan, Pankaj Tripathi, Aditya Roy Kapur, Sanya Malhotra and Fatima Sana Shaikh in prominent roles.
Rajkummar was last seen in Made in China which failed to make a mark. His two previous outings, Judgementall Hai Kya and Ek Ladki Ko Dekha To Aisa Laga, too, were duds. The Stree actor has a number of interesting films in his kitty -- he is doing The White Tiger with Priyanka Chopra for Netflix, Roohi Afza with Janhvi Kapoor and Chhalaang with Nushrat Bharucha. An old film of his, Shimla Mirchi with Rakul Preet Singh and Hema Malini, is likely to release soon.
Anurag Basu’s last film, Jagga Jasoos bombed badly at the box office, despite having two big stars - Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan were visited on Wednesday evening by Karisma Kapoor, Malaika Arora, Amrita Arora, Manish Malhotra and Natasha Poonawalla.
- Karan Johar and Manish Malhotra arrived at Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor's residence and posed together for the paparazzi. Malaika Arora and sister Amrita also visited the couple.
- Twinkle Khanna shared a funny experience from her recent doctor's visit and joked about being a 'long-standing member of Giri Hui Aurat Club'.
- Hema Malini, who will be seen as a guest in an upcoming episode of Indian Idol 12, opened up about how her father tried to keep her away from Dharmendra.
- Tamannaah Bhatia is currently in Jaipur, enjoying the pre-wedding functions of her best friend Hanna Khan. See pictures from sangeet and mehendi ceremonies.
- Bhumi Pednekar's sea-facing apartment in Mumbai features a potpourri of elements, including a beautiful garden, a grand chandelier and a small filmy spot.
- Director Sooni Taraporevala has clarified that her accusations of plagiarism against the creatives behind an apparel ad have nothing to do with Deepika Padukone, who was featured in it.
- Tiger Shroff is among the most successful young stars. In an old interview, he had explained why buying a house for his parents was his most heroic act, off the screen.
- Kangana Ranaut alleged that no architect is willing to restore her office in Mumbai after it was partially demolished by the BMC last year, as they are being threatened with cancellation of their licenses.