Rakul Preet Singh and her family are feeding 200 families living in Gurugram slum everyday: ‘Will do it till lockdown is in place’
Actor Rakul Preet Singh has vowed to provide meals to around 200 families from a slum area near her Gurugram home. She said that meals are cooked in her apartment complex and sent to the needy families that are hit hard by the lockdown due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Rakul told The Times of India in an interview that she will keep providing the meals until the lockdown is in place. “My dad figured this entire slum where people are completely right now out of their basics. We are facilitating two meals a day for all those people and we have decided to do it till the time the lockdown is in place. If the lockdown gets pushed further, I will keep doing that. For now, I have committed till the month of April and then we will see depending on the situation. The food would be cooked at a place in my society and will be sent out to those people,” she said.
Also Watch | Coronavirus: What will Rakul Preet Singh eat during lockdown?
Inspired by the actor, one of her fans also ventured out to feed the hungry. Rakul retweeted his pictures. “@Rakulpreet..The poor people,daily wage works and the beggars are in real crisis..As a part our team @rakulisam143 come forward to help them by giving food 200 packets nd banans and water packets .This all are done by love and inspiration for are idol @Rakulpreet tnq ol,” the fan wrote. Rakul replied, “This makes me sooooo proud thanku ! God bless you and stay safe,” she wrote.
Rakul added in a tweet that the idea would not have been successful without her parents’ help. “I could not have done this without my parents help. They are monitoring everything and it’s the least we can do,” she said.
Rakul has joined the long list of celebrities who are doing their bit in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic. Shah Rukh Khan, Akshay Kumar, Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh and Priyanka Chopra, among others, have all made donations to the cause.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- Remo D'Souza, who recently had a health scare, was spotted out and about town with friend Aamir Ali. Watch a video here.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.
- Actor Sonam Kapoor has shared a new image from the Glasgow sets of her upcoming film, Blind. Her dad, Anil Kapoor, left a comment on her post.
- Natasa Stankovic has paid a heartfelt tribute to Hardik Pandya’s father who died on Saturday after suffering a heart attack.
- Disha Patani took to Instagram stories to share a video of herself dancing to rumoured boyfriend Tiger Shroff's new track, Casanova.
- Soni Razdan feels that Rhea Chakraborty has a bright future ahead of her in the film industry. Soni said that her time in jail 'clearly exposed the people who sent her there'.