Randeep Hooda says he only cares for the opinions of two people, his father and Naseeruddin Shah
Actor Randeep Hooda has said he only cares for the opinions and criticism of two people - one is his father and the other is his mentor, Naseeruddin Shah. Randeep has also said that one should learn to be happy.
Randeep said in a discussion with India Today, “There are people whose opinions matter to me professionally. My father is one of them, Naseeruddin Shah is another person I listen to. And then I have an opinion about my work myself. So nothing beyond that really matters.”
Naseeruddin has worked with Randeep in theatre. Speaking about it, Randeep had said in 2013, “I’ve been with Naseer saab for the past 13 years as part of his theatre troupe- sometimes as an actor and sometimes as a writer and even his student. He gave the patience required for my art and my career. He was the first man who took me as a professional for his theatre troupe and gave me the confidence that if I work hard, I’ll be able to achieve something as an actor.”
Randeep also shared his views on dealing with failure in life. He said, “The worst thing people can do is take themselves too seriously. I used to do that a lot at one point in time, but I don’t do that anymore. People say ‘Yeh ho jayega toh main khush ho jaunga (I will be happy if this happens),’ and honestly, I have also been in that state. But nahi yaar, abhi toh khush ho jao (now just let’s be happy). Always remember that time changes, there was a time when I thought that my career was over and now I am doing Hollywood films. Aap bas apne aap se sacche rahiye aur woh cheez kijiye jisme aapko khushi mile. (You just need to stay true to yourself and do what makes you happy).”
Randeep was recently seen in Netlfix film Extraction, alongside Chris Hemsworth.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Designer Manish Malhotra has shared a behind-the-scenes video of Varun Dhawan getting fitted for his wedding with Natasha Dalal. Watch the video here.
- Shah Rukh Khan's wife, Gauri Khan, has shared a throwback photo from Paris, leaving Maheep Kapoor and Malaika Arora in awe.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut, in an incendiary video, has called for everybody who supported the 'so-called' farmers' protests to be jailed.
- "The whole world is laughing at us today," Kangana Ranaut wrote in a new tweet, targeting Diljit Dosanjh and Priyanka Chopra.
- Actor Salman Khan, in his Republic Day message for fans, called for unity. Read what he has to say here.
- Kajol revealed that the most important thing her mother Tanuja taught her about parenting was to let children think for themselves.
- Kareena Kapoor has shared a Republic Day message for her fans on Instagram. She wished for freedom of the mind and pride of the soul on the occasion.
- Anushka Sharma and her husband, Virat Kohli, have shared messages on the occasion of Republic Day. Check them out here.