Ranvir Shorey is asked if he will ‘ever get married again’ to Konkona Sensharma. See his reply
Ranvir Shorey got chatty with his fans in a recent Ask Me Anything session on Twitter, during which he answered questions about his upcoming projects, surviving in Bollywood and more. One Twitter user asked him if he would consider a reconciliation with his ex-wife, Konkona Sensharma.
“I love @konkonas as Director and Actor... Will you guys ever get married again... #AskRanvir,” the fan asked Ranvir. He simply responded with a number of laughing emojis.
Ranvir and Konkona’s divorce came through last month. They filed for divorce only earlier this year, although they announced their separation in 2015, after five years of being married. They will share joint custody of their nine-year-old son, Haroon.
Amruta Sathe Pathak, who was representing Konkona, told ETimes that it was an amicable divorce. “Yes, Konkona and Ranvir are now divorced. It was done very amicably. It’s not that Ranvir and Konkona didn’t try to remain together, both even underwent detailed counselling - but it just didn’t sort out,” she said.
Another fan asked Ranvir about his take on marriage. “#AskRanvir What’s your take on marriage @RanvirShorey? *Makes you a better person. *Gets the worst out of you,” he asked, to which the actor replied, “Depends who you marry!”
Ranvir was last seen playing a corrupt police officer in Rajesh Krishnan’s comedy Lootcase, which also starred Kunal Kemmu, Rasika Dugal and Gajraj Rao. The film got a direct-to-digital release on Disney+ Hotstar.
In an interview with Hindustan Times, Ranvir said that he did not have any regrets that Lootcase could not get a theatrical release due to the coronavirus pandemic. “I have never been fussy about which platform my films are being released on, as long as they reach the audience. With streaming platforms, it is a more even playing ground and everybody gets their place, unlike the theatrical system where it is difficult for smaller films to get shows. So no, I have no regrets as such,” he said.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Director Chaitanya Tamhane's The Disciple, which opened to critical acclaim at the Venice and Toronto film festivals, has been nominated in the Best International Film category at the 36th annual Independent Spirit Awards. Adarsh Gourav has been nominated for Best Male Lead, for The White Tiger.
- Amitabh Bachchan showed off his new Covid-19 mask on social media, and his grandchildren -- Navya and Agastya Nanda -- couldn't get enough of it.
- Producer Boney Kapoor and his Maidaan director, Amit Sharma, are miffed about RRR potentially clashing with their film at the box office.
- Hrithik Roshan has shared a rare picture with ex-brother-in-law Zayed Khan, who accompanied him on a hike. See the picture here.
- Designer Manish Malhotra has shared a behind-the-scenes video of Varun Dhawan getting fitted for his wedding with Natasha Dalal. Watch the video here.
- Shah Rukh Khan's wife, Gauri Khan, has shared a throwback photo from Paris, leaving Maheep Kapoor and Malaika Arora in awe.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut, in an incendiary video, has called for everybody who supported the 'so-called' farmers' protests to be jailed.
- "The whole world is laughing at us today," Kangana Ranaut wrote in a new tweet, targeting Diljit Dosanjh and Priyanka Chopra.
- Actor Salman Khan, in his Republic Day message for fans, called for unity. Read what he has to say here.