Raveena Tandon takes dig at Nikhil Kumaraswamy's wedding during lockdown: ‘Wonder what was served in buffet’
Actor Raveena Tandon has made a sarcastic remark about the Friday wedding of Nikhil Kumaraswamy in Karnataka, which allegedly flouted many coronavirus lockdown rules. Nikhil, son of former Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy, tied the knot with Revathi, the grand-niece of former Karnataka housing minister M Krishnappa at a farmhouse.
Raveena, quote tweeting news of the wedding that was accompanied with visuals of a large gathering, wrote, “Ok. Obviously poor souls are not aware that many in the country not being able to reach their families and are going hungry,while the rest are trying to help others override this crisis.” She added, “Wonder what was served in the buffet...” Raveena added the hashtags ‘Social distancing’, ‘Unheeded warnings’ and ‘VIP entitlement’.
Reacting to Raveena’s tweet, one person wrote, “You know Raveena Ma’am, only middle class people follows the rules and regulations in India, These so called rich people have nothing to do with the society and country.” Another person commented, “Makes you wonder if their marriage was worth playing with the lives of those elderly people in the photos.”
ANI reported that more than 100 people participated in the marriage ceremony held at Kumaraswamy’s farmhouse in Kethaganahally, Ramanagara. There were around 50-60 members from former Prime Minister HD Deve Gowda’s family and more than 30 people participated from Revathi’s family, reported ANI.
Karnataka’s Deputy Chief Minister Ashwath Narayan had said on Thursday that action will be taken against Kumaraswamy “without a second thought” if guidelines are not followed during the wedding. Nikhil has acted in a couple of movies and is also the president of the youth wing of Janata Dal (Secular).
Previously, Raveena had said about the coronavirus pandemic in a social media post, “We have abused this planet so much, that we can’t even step out of our homes. Also, so many maids and drivers, have lost their jobs. I’ve been requesting people to not lay them off as they depend on their salaries.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Director Shyam Benegal goes down memory lane as his National Award winning film Zubeidaa completes two decades, recalls how Manoj Bajpayee was initially diffident to play a Maharaja and Karisma Kapoor was nervous.
- Kareena Kapoor has shared a picture of her lavish lunch, sent by cousin Armaan Jain. Check it out here.
- Anushka Sharma has congratulated Team India on their historic victory against Australia on Tuesday.
- Sherlyn Chopra has accused disgraced director Sajid Khan of sexual misconduct, adding that he's protected by the Bollywood 'mafia'.
- Pahlaj Nihalani has said that although he hasn't received an invitation, he's heard that Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal are tying the knot this weekend.
- After Alia Bhatt's reported hospitalisation for exertion, her Gangubai Kathiawadi co-star, Seema Pahwa, said that director Sanjay Leela Bhansali doesn't rush actors with work.
- Malaika Arora has shared a throwback picture from her Goa vacation with Arjun Kapoor, along with some advice. Rahul Khanna said that he'll try to follow it.
- Actor Deepika Padukone answered quirky questions in an Instagram Ask Me Anything session on Tuesday.