Rhea Chakraborty gets bail, released from Byculla jail after a month. See pics, video
The Bombay High Court on Wednesday granted bail to actor Rhea Chakraborty, arrested over drugs-related charges in actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s death case, and directed her to deposit a personal bond of Rs 1 lakh.
A bench of Justice Sarang Kotwal also granted bail to Rajput’s aides Dipesh Sawant and Samuel Miranda, but rejected the bail plea of Rhea Chakraborty’s brother Showik Chakraborty, who is also an accused in the case.
Photographer clicked her leaving the jail. The media have been warned by the police not to chase after Rhea and her vehicle.
DCP Sangramsinh Nishandar said, “I would like to clarify that any person who is chasing/obstructing vehicle of any other person is liable to be booked under relevant sections of IPC/MV Act and not only the person who is chasing but also the one who is instigating will be booked accordingly.”
Rhea Chakraborty, her brother and the other accused were arrested last month by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) in connection with its probe into the drugs angle related to the case of Rajput’s death. The HC directed her not to leave Mumbai without the NCB’s permission and to not tamper with evidence while out on bail.
All those who have been granted bail, including Rhea, will also have to seek permission of the NCB’s investigating officer to go out of Mumbai, the court said.
Rhea Chakraborty’s lawyer Satish Maneshinde said they were are delighted by the high court order. “Truth and justice have prevailed and ultimately the submissions on facts and law have been accepted by Justice Sarang V Kotwal,” he said. The arrest and custody of Rhea was “totally unwarranted and beyond the reach of law”, Maneshinde said.
Sushant, 34, was found dead at his apartment in suburban Bandra on June 14 this year.Following extensive hearings last week, the HC had closed all arguments and reserved its verdict on the pleas.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Anushka Sharma shared a post on mothers on the occasion of International Women's Day. She said that 'strong' and 'resilient ones' need to be celebrated.
- Kishwer Merchant dropped a comment on a video of Kangana Ranaut at the airport, asking, "How is this woman never in a mask?'
- Esha Deol revealed that while her mother Hema Malini did not cry at her 'bidaai', she could not hold back her emotions afterwards.
- Lisa Haydon, who is currently expecting her third child with husband Dino Lalvani, shared a special post featuring her 'very little woman' on International Women's Day.
- Aamir Khan and Elli AvrRam burn up the dance floor in the first teaser for their song, Har Funn Maula. Watch it here.
- Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui's brother Shamas has reacted to news of that Nawaz and his wife, Aaliya, are willing to reconcile. Aaliya had accused Shamas of physical abuse.
- Kriti Sanon slipped and almost fell before a posing session for the paparazzi on Monday. Watch the video here.
- Janhvi Kapoor was spotted at the Mumbai airport over the weekend. During her exit from the airport, her staff member stopped a fan from taking a picture with the actor. Janhvi tackled the situation calmly.
- Boney Kapoor said that he was fortunate to have 'some of the strongest women in the world' in his life -- late wife Sridevi, and daughters Janhvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor.
- Despite cancelling divorce proceedings, Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife, Aaliya, has said that they aren't yet living with each other.
- Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra shared a funny and cute video of the two of them to celebrate his wife and an 'amazing role model'.