‘Rishi Kapoor had a relapse after visiting Delhi this February, had advised him against going’: Rakesh Roshan
Filmmaker Rakesh Roshan has spoken about how friend and veteran actor Rishi Kapoor’s health deteriorated after a visit to Delhi this February. Rishi died on April 30 in Mumbai.
Both Rishi and Rakesh were diagnosed with cancer in 2018 and successfully beat the disease. “Both of had cancer, though different kinds. I am aware of how infection-prone we are. So when Chintu told me about his plans to go to Delhi in February for a wedding I advised him against it. But he still went, and had a relapse there. When I met Chintu he admitted he should’ve listened to me and that he made a mistake by going to Delhi,” Rakesh told Bollywood Hungama in an interview.
Rishi was hospitalized in Delhi in February and later said in an interview to PTI, “I have had an infection which am getting treated. Nothing dramatic. Pollution got me I guess.” Ranbir and Alia had reported rushed to Delhi to be by his side. However, he was again hospitalized in Mumbai for what was reported to be viral fever.
Talking about how he wants to wait till September before he starts a new project. “I am a hundred percent cured, touchwood. Chintu asked me why I didn’t start a new film. I told him I will wait until September when my final medical tests will happen. I would rather wait until I’m fully sure. Health comes first. And this is what I told Chintu also.”
Remembering Rishi, Rakesh had earlier written in Hindstan Times, “Chintu (as Kapoor was fondly known as by his friends and family) and I were friends for the last 44 years. So, you can imagine that we have had a really long association – on as well offscreen. But now, within a flash of a second, it has all, suddenly, come to a full stop.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shah Rukh Khan's daughter, Suhana Khan, has shared a new picture on Instagram Stories, showing off her necklace collection.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's niece, Mallika Singh, shared precious memories with him on his birth anniversary. She said that she misses him ‘more than (he) can ever imagine’.
- Mira Rajput has shared new pictures from her Goa vacation with Shahid Kapoor. See her latest posts here.
- Kangana Ranaut criticised Twitter after a representative justified temporary restriction of her account, citing her now-deleted anti-Tandav tweet.
- Anil Kapoor was sceptical about playing Priyanka Chopra's father in Dil Dhadakne Do, as they were offered films as a romantic pair in the past. His son, Harsh Varrdhan Kapoor, convinced him to take up the role.
- Actor Tiger Shroff's sister, Krishna, has shared a special post on her 28th birthday, and Disha Patani is in awe. Check it out here.
- Actor Arjun Rampal has shared a new video with his son, Arik. His partner, Gabriella Demetriades, loves it.
- Varun Dhawan evaded commenting on his upcoming wedding with Natasha Dalal in Alibaug when photographers congratulated him. Watch the video here.
- Renuka Shahane, whose parents separated when she was eight years old, was ostracised by other children because she came from a 'broken family'.
- Late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's last co-star, Sanjana Sanghi, has paid tribute to him on his birth anniversary on Thursday.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's sister Priyanka Singh paid an emotional tribute to him on his birth anniversary. She appealed to him to respond as the 'eventuality of (his) silence is too loud to bear'.
- Actor Swara Bhasker has said that it is advisable to have a plan B in place before aspiring actors attempt to realise their Bollywood dreams.