Saif was offered Talaash, reveals Kareena
Newly-wed actor Kareena Kapoor, whose film Talaash, with Aamir Khan and Rani Mukherji releases next week, has revealed that her husband Saif Ali Khan was also offered Talaash.
“Not many know, but Saif too was offered Talaash. Reema (Kagti, director) wanted him in the movie, but his dates didn’t work out. He is really excited that I am part of it,” she says.
About working with Aamir after a gap of three years, Kareena says, “He is a great co-star and a great team player. He makes sure his films turn out well. If I could, I would work in all his films.”
On why Aamir, who goes out of his way to promote his films, has kept an unusually low profile with Talaash, she says, “It’s the first suspense film of its kind and probably that’s why Aamir has not done much to promote it.”
Ask her if she and Saif will be sharing screen space anytime soon and she laughs, “No, I’m leaving him for all the lovely leading ladies. He is allowed to romance them on screen.”
MORE ON SAIF-KAREENA
Aamir Khan wanted to play Langda Tyagi
Playing Langda Tyagi in Omkara (2006) was a turning point in actor Saif Ali Khan’s career, but director Vishal Bhardwaj says it was Aamir Khan who was keen to star in the role initially.
Bhardwaj says it was Aamir who inspired him to make the movie, an adaptation of Shakespeare’s Othello. FULL STORY
Saif is busy with other lovely ladies: Kareena
Saif Ali Khan, as far as Kareena Kapoor is concerned, is not just the perfect husband but also the perfect actor who can't be slotted in any genre. Besides, his intelligence and varied work make him stand out in Bollywood.
Kareena flies down to Lucknow to spend time with Saif
Kareena Kapoor will be spending quality time with hubby Saif Ali Khan in Lucknow, before she gets back to her busy schedule. The actor flew down to the Uttar Pradesh capital on Thursday, (November 22) and will stay there for three days with Saif, who is currently shooting for filmmaker Tigmanshu Dhulia's action film Bullet Raja. INSEPARABLE
Saif urges Kareena to pair up for an item number
Actor Kareena Kapoor, who has joined the Dabangg 2 team for the buzzing item number Fevicol, reveals that her long term boyfriend and now husband, Saif Ali Khan kept insisting that she take up the song.
“Saif said that ‘you are an actor and you need to keep doing that. Your job is to entertain the audience. I want you to do the item song’,” says Kareena. READ MORE
Saif Ali Khan works overtime to make way for honeymoon
Saif-Kareena have been married for over a month now but the two haven't got any time for their honeymoon. However, the nawab of Pataudi is working hard to wrap up his upcoming projects and take off with Mrs Khan as soon as possible.
"Saif wants to make sure that all his work for the sequel of Race is completed and out of the way so that he can take his much-deserved break. Only the dubbing was remaining and the actor finished it in six days flat, while working 10 hours at a stretch," a source told Mumbai Mirror. LOVEBIRDS
I am a responsible woman, says Kareena
Kareena Kapoor Khan seems to have settled down in her married life.
On a recent trip to Delhi, when we asked her how she was handling the responsibilities of being married, Kareena said, “It’s fine, I am a responsible woman.”Indeed, though an aircraft snag delayed her trip by an entire day, Kareena decided to drive down from Chandigarh to keep her commitment. RESPONSIBLE KAREENA
No take off for Kareena Kapoor
Kareena Kapoor, the seductress impresses in the song Muskanein Jhooti Hain.
While actors are mostly responsible for delaying events, in this case we cannot blame Kareena Kapoor for holding up a cold drink sponsored event in Delhi. The actor, who is the brand ambassador for the drink, was supposed to be in the capital for the endorsement. But as she waited for her flight in Chandigarh on Monday evening, industrialist and Congress MP Naveen Jindal's chopper had to make an emergency landing at the same airport due to a technical snag. KAREENA DELAYED
(With additional inputs)
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Janhvi Kapoor, who will be seen next in Roohi, said that viewers are not 'obligated' to love her and the onus is on her to give them a reason to. She added that she is working hard to win everyone over.
- Priyanka Chopra and her pet dog Diana are soaking up the sun in London, where the actor is shooting for the Amazon series Citadel, in which she plays a spy.
- Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt were clicked at an ad shoot with director Gauri Shinde. Check out some behind-the-scenes photos from the shoot here.
- Salman Khan said he feels 'awkward' and 'embarrassed' but at the same time, 'delighted' and 'honoured', to have his painting displayed alongside legends at an art show.
- Dr. Shriram Nene prepared a homemade pizza for Madhuri Dixit. As he shared a picture of it on Instagram, many of their fans showered compliments.
- Sara Ali Khan took to Instagram and revealed that she and her mother Amrita Singh visited Ajmer Sharif Dargah on Friday.
- Parineeti Chopra shared a new song - Matlabi Yariyan - from her upcoming film, The Girl On The Train. The actor has sung the soulful ballad. Watch here.
- Sara Ali Khan and her mother Amrita Singh were seen twinning in green at Mumbai airport on Thursday. See their pictures here.
- Sharmila Tagore had once talked about how Kareena Kapoor had her birthday when Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi was hospitalised but chose not to draw attention towards herself.
- Mumbai Saga trailer has John Abraham and Emraan Hashmi locking horns with Mumbai streets as the arena. Watch the trailer here.