Salman Khan set to go 3D!
If all goes well, Salman Khan will finally go 3D. As brother Sohail Khan readies for his ambitious venture, Sher Khan, plans are afoot to employ the special effects, made popular by James Cameron’s 2009 epic Avatar, in his jungle-based adventure movie. Sohail says, “Yes, I plan to make Sher Khan in 3D. But we will lock the decision only after getting the final draft of our script.”
To be shot predominantly in Bangkok, the director planned to use real tigers in the film, before animal rights group PETA kicked up a fuss. Though he hasn’t dropped the idea completely, Sohail has admitted that the scenes with Salman and the tigers together will be shot using computer graphics. Probe further, and the 40-year-old accepts that he is undergoing training to get comfortable with using the advanced technology. “Since the technique is new for us, I am updating and educating myself on it,” says Sohail. “Now, everything is at the theoretical stage,” adds the Pyar Kiya To Darna Kya (1998) director.
Apparently, Salman is also excited about the new technology, which he feels will work wonders for the action adventure. He is believed to have met a few foreign technicians and shown keen interest in learning the intricacies of 3D. Once the actor finishes brother-in-law Atul Agnihotri’s co-production, Bodyguard, he and Sohail will work out details together.
Sher Khan, which was supposed to go on floors later this year, has now been pushed back to 2012. Ask Sohail if this was done to help them prepare for a 3D film and he shoots back, “But it was always supposed to start around that time. Bhai is busy with Bodyguard right now. Then, he will focus on Yash Raj’s Ek Tha Tiger before coming to my film. And come to think of it, he can focus on only one film at a time. here’s no hurry.”
Also under 3D radar
Vikram Bhatt’s 3D horror fest, Haunted, was the first Indian film to use the new technology. Next up, Akshay Kumar will be the first big star to take the plunge in Shirish Kunder’s Joker.
Emraan Hashmi is scheduled to act in Vikram Bhatt’s sequel to the superhit franchise, Raaz 3, in 3D.
Shah Rukh Khan has apparently done test screenings of RA.One after converting parts of it into 3D, but is yet to take a final call.
Ram Gopal Varma is reportedly planning a 3D horror film with Kangna Ranaut.
Rajinikanth’s daughter, Soundarya, is set to direct her mega star dad in a mythological 3D animation flick, Hara (earlier titled Sultan – The Warrior).
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Babil Khan got emotional as he stumbled upon old messages from his father, the late Irrfan Khan, while deleting unnecessary texts from his phone.
- Hrithik Roshan, in an interview in 2017, said that he was at a good place in his life and was not thinking about getting married again. He was previously married to Sussanne Khan.
- Parineeti Chopra reminisced about many of her firsts in a new video for Netflix India. Watch it here.
- Bipasha Basu and her husband, Karan Singh Grover, have been keeping their fans updated with their adventures in the Maldives. See their pictures here.
- Milind Soman and his wife, Ankita Konwar, took to Instagram on Saturday to celebrate seven years of their relationship. See the pictures here.
- Actor Priyanka Chopra on Saturday passed on her best wishes to the current Miss India contestants, and reminisced about winning the crown two decades ago.
- Ranvir Shorey was asked by a fan if his leg fracture was caused by too much happy dancing after recovering from Covid-19. See his reply here.
- Shilpa Shetty, who is currently vacationing in Maldives, shared another stunning picture of herself. See it here.
Covid effect on pre-shoot rituals for actors? Sara Ali Khan, Taapsee Pannu, Anil Kapoor spill the beans
- Kartik Aaryan has recreated a Game of Thrones scene in Manali, originally featuring Kit Harrington as Jon Snow.