Sara Ali Khan once considered calling Kareena Kapoor ‘aunty’ but Saif Ali Khan shut it down
Sara Ali Khan, the daughter of Saif Ali Khan and his ex-wife Amrita Singh, was 17 when her father married Kareena Kapoor Khan. However, contrary to popular belief, it was never awkward or uncomfortable for her.
During her appearance on Koffee With Karan with Saif, Sara opened up on her warm equation with Kareena. “I feel that everybody has been very clear with me, vis-a-vis the equations. It has never been confusing. Kareena herself says, ‘Look, you have a great mother. What I want is for us to be able to be friends.’ My father also never said, ‘This is your second mother’ or made it uncomfortable in any way,” she said.
Karan jokingly asked Sara if Saif ever made her call Kareena ‘chhoti maa’, to which she laughed, “I think Kareena would have a nervous breakdown if I was to call her ‘chhoti maa’. She would be like, ‘What?! No!’”
Sara said that initially, she wondered how she should address Kareena, and even considered calling her ‘aunty’. However, Saif quickly shut that down. “I used to be like, ‘What should I call her? Kareena? Aunty?’ And my father was like, ‘You don’t want to call her aunty!’” the 24-year-old actor said, adding that she calls her ‘K’ or Kareena.
On several occasions in the past, Sara has said that she has always been a huge fan of Kareena, and loved her character Poo from Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham. In fact, the first time they met was at the trial of the film in 2001.
Kareena revealed on Koffee With Karan last year, “At the trial of Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham, Sara came dressed in ‘You Are My Sonia’ outfit with Amrita wanting to meet me because she was a huge fan.”
Recently, Sara praised Kareena’s professionalism in an interview and said that she would like to imbibe her work ethic.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Priyanka Chopra and her pet dog Diana are soaking up the sun in London, where the actor is shooting for the Amazon series Citadel, in which she plays a spy.
- Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt were clicked at an ad shoot with director Gauri Shinde. Check out some behind-the-scenes photos from the shoot here.
- Salman Khan said he feels 'awkward' and 'embarrassed' but at the same time, 'delighted' and 'honoured', to have his painting displayed alongside legends at an art show.
- Dr. Shriram Nene prepared a homemade pizza for Madhuri Dixit. As he shared a picture of it on Instagram, many of their fans showered compliments.
- Sara Ali Khan took to Instagram and revealed that she and her mother Amrita Singh visited Ajmer Sharif Dargah on Friday.
- Parineeti Chopra shared a new song - Matlabi Yariyan - from her upcoming film, The Girl On The Train. The actor has sung the soulful ballad. Watch here.
- Sara Ali Khan and her mother Amrita Singh were seen twinning in green at Mumbai airport on Thursday. See their pictures here.
- Sharmila Tagore had once talked about how Kareena Kapoor had her birthday when Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi was hospitalised but chose not to draw attention towards herself.
- Mumbai Saga trailer has John Abraham and Emraan Hashmi locking horns with Mumbai streets as the arena. Watch the trailer here.
- Pulkit Samrat shared a funny picture of himself and his beauty regimen and credited girlfriend Kriti Kharbanda for it. See her response here.