Shah Rukh Khan gets special honour in Davos, and asks Cate Blanchett for selfie
Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan was at his wittiest best in Davos on Monday when he asked actress Cate Blanchett for a selfie publicly and immediately quipped that it may leave his children embarrassed, sending the audience into peals of laughter.
Khan received the 24th Crystal Award on Monday at the World Economic Forum in Davos for “his leadership in championing children’s and women’s rights in India”.
English singer Sir Elton John and Australian actress Cate Blanchett were also honoured at the event.
“I am genuinely and deeply grateful for this honour. It is indeed a privilege to be in the company of two phenomenal and extraordinary human beings and talent, Cate Blanchett and Sir Elton John,” Khan said.
He talked extensively about his social initiative, which he has named after his father, and the reason for the same.
The 52-year-old cine star also thanked his late mother, wife and his daughter for inspiring him. After thanking the WEF for the award, Khan finished his speech with namaskar and ‘Jai Hind’.
He was presented the award for “his leadership in championing children’s and women’s rights in India”.
Earlier in the day, he also posed in his signature open arm style right after reaching Davos.
Khan is the founder of the non-profit Meer Foundation, which provides support to female victims of acid attacks and major burn injuries through medical treatment, legal aid, vocational training, rehabilitation and livelihood support.
The mega star has also been responsible for the creation of specialised children’s hospital wards and has supported childcare centres with free boarding for children undergoing cancer treatment.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Called a 'truly clueless, uneducated, stupid human being' on Twitter, Kangana Ranaut said that her tweets are intended for 'high IQ people'.
- Babil Khan got emotional as he stumbled upon old messages from his father, the late Irrfan Khan, while deleting unnecessary texts from his phone.
- Hrithik Roshan, in an interview in 2017, said that he was at a good place in his life and was not thinking about getting married again. He was previously married to Sussanne Khan.
- Parineeti Chopra reminisced about many of her firsts in a new video for Netflix India. Watch it here.
- Bipasha Basu and her husband, Karan Singh Grover, have been keeping their fans updated with their adventures in the Maldives. See their pictures here.
- Milind Soman and his wife, Ankita Konwar, took to Instagram on Saturday to celebrate seven years of their relationship. See the pictures here.
- Actor Priyanka Chopra on Saturday passed on her best wishes to the current Miss India contestants, and reminisced about winning the crown two decades ago.
- Ranvir Shorey was asked by a fan if his leg fracture was caused by too much happy dancing after recovering from Covid-19. See his reply here.
- Shilpa Shetty, who is currently vacationing in Maldives, shared another stunning picture of herself. See it here.