Shahid Kapoor pens note on one year of Kabir Singh: ‘You understood him in a time where people are quick to judge’
Actor Shahid Kapoor took to Instagram to thank fans for loving his film Kabir Singh. The film, which is a Hindi remake of Telugu hit Arjun Reddy, completed one year on Sunday.
Shahid said his fans understood the emotional arc of the character and wrote: “To all those who gave so much overwhelming love to such a complex, conflicted character. Thank you. #kabirsingh was never just a film to me.. it was an emotional arc that was raw.. bare.. unabashed .. honest .. fearless .. REAL!!”
He took at dig at those who were quick to judge the film. “In a time where people are quick to judge (others not themselves ) you understood him. You understood our interpretation of the angst of a broken heart. This one will always be special. So so special.”
Finally, he thanked all those people who were associated with the film. “And it would just not have been possible without @kiaraaliaadvani , @sandeepreddy.vanga , @muradkhetani and @ashwinvarde @bhushankumar @santha_dop , Payal and so so many others. Thank you all once again. And remember. Keep it real and make it count. Be kind. Be good. Spread positivity. And always believe.”
His fans appreciated his work in the film. One user said: “You lived the Character Full Justice Done” while another said, “It’s a heart touching story ever!!!”. There were others who berated the film; one user said: “I am sorry but it was s**t film.. It encourages people to be arrogant n it is shown as if it is okay.. Good acting no doubt” while another said: “I love your acting but Kabir Singh was a male chauvinist, misogynist and extremely toxic/problematic character.. Stop depicting heroes as those who can do domestic violence on women, are drug addicts and are zero otherwise.”
Kabir Singh became hugely controversial when it released. It was accused of glamorising misogyny and toxic masculinity. Writing about it, the Hindustan Times review said: “This is a film about a bully, an abuser of women, an alcoholic surgeon, and a foulmouthed hothead — and that’s just the so-called hero.”
Kabir Singh told the story of young medical student with major alcoholism, substance and temper issues. He falls in love with a fellow student but the affair goes awry. Unable to bear the loss of his lady love takes him spirally down into a web of drug and alcohol abuse.
The film, directed by Sandeep Vanga (who also directed the original) also starred Kiara Advani as the film’s female lead.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Sisters Malaika Arora and Amrita Arora posted pictures of their mom to wish her on her birthday and close friend Karisma Kapoor was among the first ones to comment.
- Akshay Kumar presented the first poster of Ahan Shetty's debut film, Tadap. Ahan is the son of actor Suniel Shetty. The film also stars Tara Sutaria. See the poster here.
- John Abraham posed for a slightly different picture on Tuesday. He was seen posing with nothing but a pillow as he waited for his clothes on film sets.
- Anushka Sharma gave fans a look at the view of the sea from her Mumbai home. Anushka has been enjoying life as a new mother since welcoming daughter Vamika in January.
- Bipasha Basu has shared Bipapictures of herself and a funny video of her husband Karan Singh Grover from their Maldives vacation. Check them out here.
- Happy birthday Tiger Shroff: If you thought the Baaghi's star's features were hard to define and did not fit into the more desi definition of good looks, then you must read about his family background.
- Deepika Padukone, in her new Instagram post, talked about her daily routine. She also revealed whether she '(plans) a lot'. Watch the video here.
- Arshi Khan has said that Salman Khan introduced her to Iulia Vantur at the Bigg Boss 14 after-party, and said that he wants her to learn Urdu.