Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan song Gabru: That Ayushmann Khurrana, Jitendra Kumar kiss is a reaction to Gajaraj Rao. Watch
Actor Ayushmann Khurrana has shared the first song from his upcoming film Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan. The song is titled Gabru and is a rehash of Punjabi hit by J Star and Honey Singh.
The song video shows Ayushmann making a groovy entry at a wedding where his boyfriend, played by Jitendra Kumar, is present with his family. He takes to the dance floor and pulls off some disarmingly cool moves. Jitendra cannot take his eyes off him even as others around him try to keep them apart, especially his father, played by Gajraj Rao.
Rao engages in a dance-off with Ayushmann but the latter is declared a clear winner when Jitendra kisses him in front of everyone. The song ends with many shocked faces and two men happily in love.
The song’s chorus is the same as the original but all the other lyrics have been changed drastically. The music has also been retuned with more bass. It been sung by Tanishk Bagchi, who has added a modern twist to it for the movie.
Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan is a comedy about the acceptance of same-sex couples, an issue that continues to remain a taboo in India despite being decriminalised by the Supreme Court a year ago.
Featuring Ayushmann and Jitendra in the lead roles, this movie also has Neena Gupta, Manurishi Chadda, and Rao in pivotal roles. Helmed by Hitesh Kewalya and produced by Bhushan Kumar, the film is the second instalment of Shubh Mangal Saavdhan film, which was released in 2017.
The romantic comedy is set to hit theatres on February 21.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Pooja Bhatt has said that she took a step back from acting because she had no desire to play 'arm candy' to heroes.
- Arjun Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor have shared special birthday posts for their half-sister, Janhvi Kapoor. Read their messages here.
- Fans clamoured for any new detail about Kareena Kapoor's new baby, after she posted a year-in-recap post on Instagram.
- Actor Janhvi Kapoor, who turned 24 on Saturday, has spoken about the most valuable life lessons she learned from her parents, Boney Kapoor and Sridevi.
- Ranveer Singh took to Instagram and shared an old picture featuring Rohan Shrestha on the photographer's birthday. The photo was taken when they were 14.
- "I will not make the statement you want me to, take my smile instead," said Gul Panag, refusing to comment on statements made by several celebrities about the farmers' protest, in a video being widely shared online.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut has said that she hasn't taken a single holiday in 2021, and has worked through her periods.
- Actors Swara Bhasker, Richa Chadha, Tisca Chopra, Satyadeep Misra, Rajshri Deshpande and others took to social media to voice their support for Taapsee Pannu and Anurag Kashyap.
- Janhvi Kapoor had once revealed how her mother did not want her to join films. Sridevi felt her older daughter would not be able to survive in the industry.
- New behind-the-scenes photos from the sets of an advertisment capture Ranbir Kapoor's transformation into an old man.
- Actor Rhea Chakraborty's lawyer Satish Maneshinde has called the 12000-page charge sheet filed by the Narcotics Control Bureau in the Sushant Singh Rajput's death case a 'damp squib'.
- Gauahar Khan has shared a video of her father, recalling the 'most favourite memory' of her life. The actor's father died on Friday.
- Actor and politician Nafisa Ali has shared some glorious pictures from her youth. Needless to say, she looks beautiful in them. Check them out here.