Sunny Leone on sexual harassment: Never had any bad experiences, but I have known people facing it
She has been active in Bollywood for around five years and Sunny Leone has said she has never faced sexual harassment in the film industry.
The Harvey Weinstein scandal in Hollywood opened up a can of worms about incidents of sexual misconduct occurring in showbiz, with several bigwigs including Kevin Spacey and Brett Ratner been accused of it.
Asked about the issue, the 36-year-old actor said she always had her husband Daniel Weber by her side, who guided her well. “With me, nothing like this has happened here. Thank God, I did not have any bad experiences. But I have known people and read things about people facing it. I had my husband Daniel always around me to fill in the nonsense that keeps happening. He did all the filtering, he made sure I was not hurt,” Sunny said.
The actor said women need to continue coming forward with their experiences and set an example for those who are often afraid of voicing their stories. “The more women speak up, the easier it is going to be for that young lady, who is facing that situation - be it at offices or public place. From hearing these stories, she might have the courage to tell (her own story).”
Sunny, who recently adopted 21-month-old Nisha, is all praises for Kareena Kapoor Khan for striking a balance in her professional and personal life. “Kareena is so sexy, beautiful and funny. She always looks great and is even working today. There are women who, after becoming mothers, are strong, independent and are working with a baby on the side, Kareena is a perfect example (of this).”
The Ragini MMS 2 actor is currently busy promoting her upcoming film “Tera Intezaar”, in which she stars opposite Arbaaz Khan.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Videos of Shraddha Kapoor dancing at her cousin Priyaank Sharma's wedding in the Maldives are going viral on the internet.
- Alia Bhatt was seen in a bridal avatar in her new advertisement. Fans loved it and wished to see her get married in real life too. She is in a relationship with Ranbir Kapoor.
- Anil Kapoor joked that Jackie Shroff has threatened to slap him multiple times unless he confirms a film together. The two have starred in 12 films together, till date.
- Mika Singh talked about marriage on Indian Pro Music League. He said that he is the ‘only forever bachelor’ after Salman Khan and wishes to keep his tag for some time.
- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli met in a rather unconventional manner, during an ad shoot. While she was confident, he was a 'jittery and nervous'. Read the rest of the story here.
- Sharing how meeting a girl at an education programme led her to discover her bisexuality, Shonali Bose says, 'I hope, the youth today doesn’t have that shame'.
- Film producer Rhea Kapoor got love from a number of Bollywood beauties including Kareena Kapoor, Malaika Arora, Karisma Kapoor on her birthday.