Sushant Singh Rajput imitates Rajinikanth in Dil Bechara song Maskhari, Swastika Mukherjee says ‘now and forever’. Watch
The music video shows Sushant sporting a wig and a fake moustache as he plays the hero of the film, inspired by Ranjinikanth, whereas Sanjana plays his heroine. Their friend Jagdish Pandey (JP), played by Sahil Vaid is the director of the film. The song has many fun moments as Sushant fails to pose in a certain way in sync with the timing of the fountains behind him. It also has its heartbreaking moments and the ending is inspired by Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol’s famous train scene in Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge.
Sanjana’s parents, played by Saswata Chatterjee and Swastika Mukherjee, are saying a dialogue similar to the one mouthed by Amrish Puri in the scene.
Watch: Maskhari video
Swastika said about the song on Twitter, “This song is close to my heart. It shows Sushant as the person that he is. His punch lines always made us smile. And I’d like to remember this child like glee of his, now and forever!”
Produced by Fox Star Studios, Dil Bechara has been adapted from the famous John Green novel The Fault In Our Stars. It released on Disney+ Hotstar on July 24 and is available for free viewing. It marks the directorial debut of casting director Mukesh Chhabra and the acting debut of Sanjana.
Dil Bechara was Sushant’s last film. The actor died by suicide on June 14. The film is the actor’s swansong. One of the dialogues by the late actor that struck a chord with Rajput’s fans, who are still mourning his demise, was: “We can’t decide when to be born or to die, but what we can decide is how to live our life.” Walking down memory lane, Chhabra said, the dialogues, penned by filmmaker Shashank Khaitan, hold a different meaning today.
“The dialogue comes in voice-over. While we were dubbing, he saw the film, I told him he has to do voice-over for this line. Now the meaning of every line is fully changed.” Chhabra said Rajput was “moved” by the rough cut of the film he watched during dubbing.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Richa Chadha has said that she has found an equal partner in boyfriend Ali Fazal who cooks well, works out with her and is progressive.
- Anurag Kashyap's daughter Aaliyah received support from her Insta-fam after she wrote about receiving hate comments for a recent post, in which she shared pictures of herself in lingerie.
Pranutan: What can I do if people want to believe in masala stories about nepotism, and not the truth
Anil Kapoor: Earlier it was like test match, today it’s IPL, the field is exciting for everyone in showbiz
- Janhvi Kapoor, who will be seen next in Roohi, said that viewers are not 'obligated' to love her and the onus is on her to give them a reason to. She added that she is working hard to win everyone over.
- Priyanka Chopra and her pet dog Diana are soaking up the sun in London, where the actor is shooting for the Amazon series Citadel, in which she plays a spy.
- Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt were clicked at an ad shoot with director Gauri Shinde. Check out some behind-the-scenes photos from the shoot here.
- Salman Khan said he feels 'awkward' and 'embarrassed' but at the same time, 'delighted' and 'honoured', to have his painting displayed alongside legends at an art show.
- Dr. Shriram Nene prepared a homemade pizza for Madhuri Dixit. As he shared a picture of it on Instagram, many of their fans showered compliments.
- Sara Ali Khan took to Instagram and revealed that she and her mother Amrita Singh visited Ajmer Sharif Dargah on Friday.
- Parineeti Chopra shared a new song - Matlabi Yariyan - from her upcoming film, The Girl On The Train. The actor has sung the soulful ballad. Watch here.