Tannishtha, Indian TV doesn’t deserve you: Hansal and Ajay slam racist comments
Extending support to Parched actor Tannishtha Chatterjee, Bollywood actors Ajay Devgn, Nandita Das and filmmaker Hansal Mehta slammed TV comedy show Comedy Nights Bachao for making fun of her skin colour in the name of roast.
As a part of the promotions for her film Parched, Tannishtha along with director Leena Yadav and co-star Radhika Apte went to show Comedy Nights Bachao. The 35-year-old actress, in a Facebook post, wrote about her frustration with the way her dark skin tone was made fun of.
Ajay, who has produced Parched, said, “There has to be a limit. I have not seen it (episode). I need to see to comment correctly on it. Sometimes sense of humour goes overboard, there has to be limit. We all have sense of humour and we all accept jokes on self. The person who cracks the jokes has to draw a line. I think the mindset needs to change.”
Nandita Das, who has been outspoken about the issue in the past as well, tweeted, “To be sexist, racist, regressive is just not funny. It is not cool. These days prejudices seem to surface more.”
Mehta narrated one of his experiences related the to colour prejudice, saying nothing has changed. “In 1994 one of my first short films was rejected by a TV channel not because the story was too dark but because the actors were too dark. Nothing has changed as is obvious with @TannishthaC in a so-called ‘comedy’ show,” wrote Hansal on his Twitter page.
Director Rensil D’Silva re-tweeted Tannishtha’s post about the incident.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Parineeti Chopra, on being asked about a time in her life she would like to forget, said that she would like to erase her college days as she was 'hugely overweight' at the time.
- Tanishaa Mukherji wished her sister Kajol and brother-in-law Ajay Devgn on their 2nd wedding anniversary.
- Kangana Ranaut announced the release date of her upcoming Jayalalithaa biopic, Thalaivi, with a short teaser. The film, directed by AL Vijay, will release on April 23.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas reacted to a social media user criticised her now-viral ball-shaped outfit. Earlier, Priyanka shared a bunch of memes inspired by her dress.
Birthday girl Sanya Malhotra: In my fifth year in Bollywood, it’s surreal, can’t believe I am living my dream
- Ayushmann Khurrana made sure to interact with his fans in Shillong by promptly coming down to meet them after they gathered at his Shillong hotel. Watch here
- After the death of singer Sardool Sikander on Wednesday, comedian Kapil Sharma shared a video from his daughter Anayra's first Lohri, when Sardool gave his blessings to the baby.
- The teaser of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Gangubai Kathiawadi, starring Alia Bhatt in the titular role, was released on Wednesday. Watch it here.
- Alia Bhatt shared a new poster of her upcoming movie Gangubai Kathiawadi. The poster received love from many Bollywood stars including Ranveer Singh , Katrina Kaif and Varun Dhawan.
- Actor Nora Fatehi in an emotional interview recalled the difficulties that she faced as a struggler in Bollywood.