Troll asks Taapsee Pannu if she is Indian, she hits back ‘Do I have to show my documents to you as well?’
Actor Taapsee Pannu is famous for shutting down trolls with her savage responses. When a Twitter user asked her on Monday if she was an Indian, she hit back asking, “Ab tumhaare ko bhi paper dikhaane hai kya? (Do I have to show my documents to you also?)”
The Twitter user questioned Taapsee’s nationality after she shared a news article about the arrest of the main accused in the violence at Gurdwara Nankana Sahib, the site of Sikh faith founder Guru Nanak Dev’s birth, in Pakistan. “Chalo ab humaari baari,” the actor wrote, seemingly making a reference to the violence at Delhi’s Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) on Sunday night.
Masked assailants entered the campus and brutally beat up students and faculty members of the university. Earlier, Taapsee came out in support of the students of JNU and urged the citizens of Mumbai to join a protest in the city. “Today at 8pm Carter Road, Bandra. Coz with great power comes greater responsibility and I don’t want to shy away from it. #JNU you have our love and support,” she wrote.
Meanwhile, Taapsee saw four releases in 2019 – Sujoy Ghosh’s Badla, Ashwin Saravanan’s Game Over, Jagan Shakti’s Mission Mangal and Tushar Hiranandani’s Saand Ki Aankh. All four films were successful at the box office.
Taapsee will be seen next in Thappad, which is said to revolve around a woman who walks out of a marriage after her husband raises his hand on her. The film marks her second collaboration with filmmaker Anubhav Sinha after their critically-acclaimed hit Mulk, which released in 2018. It is scheduled to hit the theatres on February 28 this year.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Ahead of the release of Roohi, Janhvi Kapoor talked about why she did not use her mother Sridevi's ChaalBaaz as a reference point, facing criticism from a young age and her upcoming projects.
- Videos of Shraddha Kapoor dancing at her cousin Priyaank Sharma's wedding in the Maldives are going viral on the internet.
- Alia Bhatt was seen in a bridal avatar in her new advertisement. Fans loved it and wished to see her get married in real life too. She is in a relationship with Ranbir Kapoor.
- Anil Kapoor joked that Jackie Shroff has threatened to slap him multiple times unless he confirms a film together. The two have starred in 12 films together, till date.
- Mika Singh talked about marriage on Indian Pro Music League. He said that he is the ‘only forever bachelor’ after Salman Khan and wishes to keep his tag for some time.
- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli met in a rather unconventional manner, during an ad shoot. While she was confident, he was a 'jittery and nervous'. Read the rest of the story here.
- Sharing how meeting a girl at an education programme led her to discover her bisexuality, Shonali Bose says, 'I hope, the youth today doesn’t have that shame'.